Easy Thandai Ice Cream recipe for the perfect holi party! No churn, eggless and does not need an ice cream maker. Includes recipe to make thandai powder at home too.
For the Ice Cream
- 400 grams Heavy Cream
- 200 grams Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Masala (Thandai)
- 2 tablespoons Pistachio, Chopped (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon Rose Petals, Dried (Optional)
For Thandai Masala
- 1/2 cup Cashewnuts
- 5 – 6 Pistachio
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 15 Peppercorns
- 6 – 7 Cardamoms
- 2 tablespoons Melon Seeds (Magaz)
- 2 tablespoons Fennel Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Rose Petals (Dry)
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 10 – 15 strands Saffron
- If making thandai masala on your own, grind together all the ingredients listed under thandai masala to a smooth powder.
- In a pan, add half the heavy cream, milk and 2 tablespoons thandai masala. Gently bring it to a simmer. Simmer for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cool to touch, add rest of the cream and condensed milk. Use a hand blender to whisk for 5 minutes till light and creamy. Mix in pistachios and rose petals if using.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Top with more pistachios before serving.