This tomato basil pasta has about 5-6 ingredients and takes only 15 minutes to make. And still packs a punch in terms of flavour. The cherry tomatoes burst and create a beautiful garlic basil sauce that’s really fresh and tasty.
- 200 grams Angel Hair Pasta (or any other long string pasta)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 3 ½ cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Fresh mozzarella or Bocconcini
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions till al dente. While the pasta is cooking, reserve ½ cup pasta water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic. Sauté the garlic on a low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and two pinches of salt and cook them for a few minutes till soft. Break the tomatoes slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Add reserved pasta water and simmer for 5 minutes till it thickens and becomes saucy.
- Add pasta and butter and toss well. Add the basil, toss again till the basil wilts. Break the cheese and add it on top. Serve immediately.