Watch the recipe video above. This Vegan Pasta Salad is packed with five cups of veggies and tossed in a light, flavourful Italian balsamic dressing that makes it a firm summer favourite. Its light and healthy, and is a meal on its own.
For the Salad
- 170 grams Macaroni or any other Pasta
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 diced Cucumber
- 1 cup diced Red and Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 cup mixed Salad Greens/ Baby Arugula/ Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup blanched Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup sliced Olives
- 1/2 cup sliced Red Onions
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
For the Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Add salt to a large pot of boiling water and cook the pasta till al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Alternatively, you can also add all the ingredients to a jar and shake the jar with lid on till the dressing is combined.
- Add all the ingredients (except spinach/salad greens if serving later) for the salad to a large bowl, and toss well with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours for the flavors to meld together. Add the spinach/salad greens right before serving and toss well. Serve cold.
- Grilled zucchini, corn, roasted mushrooms etc are also great additions to this cold salad
- Add the spinach/salad greens right before serving so that they don’t wilt completely and stay fresh
- Small pasta like macaroni, fusilli, bow tie etc taste best in this salad
- Storage: The salad can be prepped a day ahead, and then tossed with the dressing an hour before serving
- Serve this macaroni salad with grilled chicken or fish, roasted corn on the cob, burgers or steak if you want to use it as a side dish