An easy vegetarian sushi bowl recipe with teriyaki dressing for instant sushi gratification + ten tips to make great sushi!
- 1 1/2 cups Wild Rice (cooked Black Heirloom)
- 1 Cucumber (sliced or julienned or spiralized)
- 1 Carrot ( sliced or julienned or spiralized)
- handful Mushrooms, Enoki (Note 2)
- 1 strips Nori (or Seaweed sheets , cut into thin, refer to Note 3)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- Sesame Seeds (Black and White for topping)
For the Dressing
- 1/8 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Wasabi
- Whisk together all the ingredients under dressing, till smooth. add a teaspoon or two of water to thin it out if you like.
- Toss the ingredients in the dressing and serve immediately topped with sesame seeds.
Use the recipe as a guide and experiment with your own ingredients and flavors. You can add cooked shrimp or chicken for a non vegetarian option
Enoki mushrooms can be eaten raw, but be sure to cut the stems off and clean them properly before use
Nori sheets taste great if toasted as well