Watch Recipe Video Above. This vegetarian white sauce pasta is a quick 30 minute recipe where the sauce and the veggies are cooked in the same pan. The base is a creamy bechamel sauce mixed with cheese that coats the veggies and pasta. Use your favourite pasta and veggies and add some shredded chicken if you like to make it your own.
- 150 grams or 1 1/2 cups dried Pasta ( Macaroni/Penne/Fusilli/Orecchiette/Rigatoni)
- 2 tablespoon Salt
- 5 cups Water
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Broccoli florets
- 6-7 Mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 cup coloured Bell Peppers, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoon Basil, shredded
- In a large pot bring 5 cups water to a rolling boil, add 2 tablespoon salt to this along with uncooked pasta. Cook according to package instructions till al dente. Drain, wash with cold water and set aside.
- In another pan, add olive oil and butter and heat till the butter has melted. Add minced garlic and onions, cook for a minute or two till the onions are translucent. Add broccoli florets, corn, mushrooms and the peppers. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour and cook stirring for a minute or two. Slowly start adding milk while stirring continuously till the sauce starts to thicken. Simmer for two minutes and add cream. Mix the cream and add the drained cooked pasta and cheese.
- Add dijon mustard and fresh basil (if using) and stir to mix everything together. Serve immediately.