Whole wheat Keema Pizza is the best way to use up leftover keema! Spicy, hearty and topped with lots of cheese, it’s the only thing you need for your next party!
For the Dough
- 150 grams All Purpose Flour (or Maida)
- 75 grams Whole Wheat Flour (or Atta)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Water (Lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 cups Keema (cooked)
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic (smashed)
- Coriander leaves (and Chili Flakes for topping)
- Start by making the dough. Mix honey and yeast in lukewarm water and set aside for five minutes till the yeast becomes frothy. You can skip this step if you are using instant yeast, but I still like to do this.
- Mix together both the flours and salt in a large bowl. Add the frothy yeast mixture and mix till the dough comes together. Make a slight dent in the dough and add olive oil. Start kneading the dough and transfer it to the kitchen platform. If kneading by hand, knead for 10-12 minutes. The dough will start off being sticky, and you can add a little extra flour if you like but I prefer not to. As you knead, the dough will start becoming smooth and supple.
- Once the dough is sufficiently kneaded, brush the bowl with a little oil and place the dough in it. Cover and keep in a warm, draft free area for an hour or so till the dough doubles in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees celsius or 250 degrees if your oven permits it. Place the baking sheet in the oven to heat while you roll out the pizza.
- Add the smashed garlic cloves to butter and gently heat till the garlic starts browning slightly. Set aside.
- Lightly punch out the dough, and divide it into two parts.
- Form each portion into a ball and with your hands start stretch the dough into a 10 inch circle with slightly thick edges. If you can’t do this, feel free to use a rolling pin to roll the dough out.
- Spread 3/4 cup keema on each base.
- Using oven mitts, take the baking sheet out of the oven, and carefully transfer pizza on the baking sheet. Brush the edges and the top with garlic butter and place the pizza in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes till the bottom is lightly brown and cooked through. This timing works when the oven is heated to 220 degree celsius. Timings will vary slightly if your oven allows higher temperature.
- 5 minutes before your pizza is ready (at the 15 minute mark), take it out and top with Mozzarella and chili flakes. Place it back in the oven till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot, topped with coriander leaves.