Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a healthy, paleo friendly, keto friendly, vegan side dish recipe that is bursting with mexican flavors and ready in 30 minutes!
Servings 3 Portions
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets stems removed and washed
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped (small)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- ¾ cup Bell Peppers diced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika Powder or red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander / Cilantro chopped
- Salt to taste
- More cilantro sliced avocados, jalapenos, lime juice etc for topping
Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse till the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to go all the way or it can turn mushy. See picture for reference.
Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and jalapenos. Stir fry for a few minutes till the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Add tomatoes, cumin powder, paprika powder and salt to the pan. Cook the tomatoes for a few minutes till they soften about 4-5 minutes.
Add the diced bell peppers and cauliflower rice to the pan and mix well. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes till it's tender.
Top with your favorite topping and serve hot.
- We like our food spicy, but if you don't, feel free to de-seed the jalapeno
- Cauliflower rice is best served immediately. Stored cauliflower rice can taste a bit weird and can turn smelly. And it only takes 15 minutes to put together anyway!
- Our favourite toppings are sour cream, cilantro, avocados and sometimes fried tortilla chips
- Add in more veggies or proteins of your choice like - grilled chicken, prawns, carrots, zucchini etc.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2064IU | Vitamin C: 116mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg