- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger chopped
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- 3/4 cup Spring Onions white part of
- 1 Chicken Breast diced into half inch or smaller pieces
- 1 cup Carrots finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Beans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions green part of
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce I prefer dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Pepper Powder
- 3 tablespoons Corn Flour
- Salt to taste
- Noodles Fried for topping
In a large dutch oven or soup pot heat oil and add ginger, garlic and white spring onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add the chicken breast.
Chicken breast will cook fairly quickly. Saute it for a minute or so on high heat and add carrots, green beans and cabbage along with salt and 3 cups water. Bring this to a quick boil and then reduce the flame to a simmer.
In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, corn flour and 1/2 cup water till no lumps are visible. Add this to the pot and keep stirring till the soup thickens up. Mix in the green part of spring onions. Once the soup thickens, let it simmer for two minutes and switch off the flame.
Top individual servings with fried noodles and serve hot.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 638mg | Potassium: 515mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 6384IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg