- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped Ginger
- 1-2 chopped Green Chilli
- 1/2 cup white part of Spring Onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onions
- 1 Chicken Breast diced into half inch or smaller pieces
- 1 cup Carrots finely chopped
- 1 cup Green Beans finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 3 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Crunchy Fried Noodles for topping
- 1/2 cup green part of Spring Onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander
In a large dutch oven or soup pot heat oil and add ginger, garlic, white part of spring onions and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add the chicken breast.
Chicken breast will cook fairly quickly. Saute it for a minute or so on high heat and add carrots, green beans and cabbage along with salt and 3 cups water. Bring this to a quick boil and then reduce the flame to a simmer.
In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, corn flour and 1/2 cup water till no lumps are visible. Add this to the pot and keep stirring till the soup thickens up. Add green chillies and simmer for 2 minutes. Mix in the green part of spring onions and chopped coriander. Turn off the flame.
Top individual servings with fried noodles and serve hot.
- The nutritional information above does not include fried noodles
- Vegetarian Manchow Soup: Skip the chicken if you want a vegetarian version and add diced tofu right in the end instead
- Fried Noodles: I have a great recipe for making crunchy fried noodles at home. This soup just isn't the same without them
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 812mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3877IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg