For the Meatballs:
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste grated or minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 500 grams Ground Beef
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 Thai Chillies chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes)
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Cornflour
Preheat oven to 220C/430F
Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs except ground beef in a bowl and mix well. Once the aromatics are well combined with the breadcrumbs, add the ground beef and lightly mix together. Adding the beef right in the end ensures that the flavors are mixed well and don’t sit around in lumps.
Form the mixture into 20-22 lime sized balls and place them on a baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes till they are cooked through, and slightly brown.
For the sauce, whisk everything together in a bowl and add it to a wok. Heat for a few minutes till the mixture thickens. Toss the meatballs in the sauce and serve hot.
- You can swap the ground beef for pork or chicken. The baking time will not change
- To cook these meatballs on the stove, add some oil to a non stick pan and place the meatballs in the pan. Brown them on high heat on all sides and then let them cook on a low flame for 10-15 minutes while stirring occasionally to make sure they don't burn on one side
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 924mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 3mg