- 2 cups Elbow Pasta or Macaroni Pasta
- 3-4 Spicy Italian Sausage links casing removed (or Bangalore Pork sausages, casing removed)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Onions finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Kale roughly chopped
- A few sage leaves
- Salt to taste
Boil pasta according to package instructions till al dente, drain and set aside.
In a pan add sausage meat and cook till brown. Remove the sausage meat on a plate and set aside. Leave the fat in the pan.
In the same pan, add garlic and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes till the onions are translucent. Add pumpkin puree, milk, chilli flakes, salt and bring it to a quick simmer.
Add cream cheese and stir to combine till the cheese melts and mixes well. Add the sausage back into the pan along with cooked pasta and stir to coat. Top with kale and cook till the kale is wilted. Add sage leaves, mix and switch off the flame.
- Elbow pasta and macaroni pasta are the same thing
- You can use any ground sausage meat to make this recipe
Calories: 711kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 738mg | Potassium: 734mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 16476IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 4mg