- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger finely minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely minced
- 3 Chicken Breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Bunch Asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces, ends removed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Low sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari for GF
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Water or Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
Stir together all the ingredients mentioned under sauce and set aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for a minute or two till fragrant and add the chicken pieces.
Cook the chicken on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes till light brown on either side, and cooked through. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Give the sauce a quick stir to dissolve the cornflour properly and add it to the pan. Keep stirring while the sauce comes to a boil and thickens up. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes till it evenly coats the chicken and asparagus, and mix in the toasted sesame oil. Check for seasoning and turn off the flame. Serve immediately.
- If the sauce is too thick, increase the amount of water or broth slightly
- Feel free to swap the cornflour for potato starch. I've tried both and they both work well
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 727mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 229IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg