- 3 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Celery finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots diced
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers diced
- 1/2 cup Zucchini diced
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Green Onions and Sesame Seeds for topping
Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse till the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to go all the way or it can turn mushy. See picture in the post for reference.
Heat oil in a pan and stir fry garlic and celery. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the carrots, bell peppers and zucchini. Stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes and add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil.
Mix well and add the riced cauliflower and salt (if required). Stir fry on high for 2-3 minutes till the cauliflower softens up slightly but is not mushy.
Serve this low carb Asian cauliflower rice immediately, topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Its best to consume cauliflower rice immediately or at least on the same day. Storing it brings a 'cauliflowery' smell that I'm not very fond of.
- You can also add a beaten egg while stir frying the cauliflower to turn this into 'egg cauliflower fried rice'
- This is marked both 'main dishes' and 'side dishes' because it can easily be turned into a side with chicken or fish
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 825mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3287IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg