Honey Balsamic Chicken:
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder or smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- Salt to taste
- 6 Chicken Thighs bone-in and skin-on
Sheet Pan Vegetables
- 6-7 cups Cut Vegetables I used beans, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, broccoli
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder / fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 220C/425F.
Mix together all the ingredients under honey balsamic chicken and toss the chicken thighs well. Set aside while you prep the veggies.
Add all the veggies to the and toss them in garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper and spread them out on the pan.
Place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies and bake for 30-35 minutes or till the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165F.
- Chicken Thighs vs. Breasts: I highly recommend using chicken thighs but if you are using chicken breasts, you will need to adjust the timings. Chicken breast cooks much faster than thighs and should be cooked in 18-20 minutes.
- Getting rid of juices Tip 1: A trick to getting rid of the juices if you absolutely prefer it that way is to remove the chicken once its cooked and place the sheet pan with veggies back into the oven on the top rack. Turn the broiler or the top element on and let the veggies broil for 3-4 minutes. This will get them nice and crispy and evaporate all the juices in the sheet pan.
- Getting rid of juices Tip 2: Another way to get rid of the juices is to sear the thighs on both sides in a pan first before placing them in the oven. This can help lock in the juices so that you have less liquid when it comes out of the oven.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 624mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 201IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg