- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Onions chopped
- ½ cup Celery chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 1 cup Green Beans chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 teaspoon Thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups Whole Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet and add onions, celery and carrots. Cook for a few minutes till the onions soften, making sure not to brown them. Add the garlic, beans, mushrooms, broccoli and corn and saute for 2-3 minutes. Mix in the thyme and oregano and add the flour.
Add the flour along with thyme and oregano and cook the flour with veggies for a minute and a half. Add the whole milk slowly, while stirring continuously. Keep stirring while you bring this to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
Add salt and pepper and let everything simmer for 6-7 minutes or till the soup thickens. Add a little broth or more milk to thin it out if its too thick for you. Serve hot.
- You can use pre-cut or frozen veggies to make this soup even faster
- Feel free to add half & half or cream if you prefer, in combination with the milk
- To make this soup non vegetarian, add some cooked chicken, ham or shrimp towards the end
- To make this into a meal, you can also add cooked pasta to the soup
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 183mg | Potassium: 500mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 4231IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 219mg | Iron: 1mg