Sesame Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Light low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves roughly chopped
- 1 knob Ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 350 gms Firm Tofu cut into small pieces
- Zucchinis spiralized
- Sesame Seeds and Green Onions for topping
In a blender or add all the ingredients for the sauce along with a splash of water and blend till smooth. Set aside 1/4 cup sauce and divide the rest in the mini sauce containers. You might be left with a little extra sauce which you can reserve for later - it works really well as a salad dressing!
Heat oil in a pan and add the tofu. As soon as the tofu is a very light brown, add 1/4 cup sauce to the pan and toss the tofu in it. Cook everything on low heat. In some time, the sauce will start to evaporate and slowly it will start turning into golden brown and sticking to the pan and tofu. Things will become crispy and you finally you'll be left with crispy browned bits of tofu in the pan.
To assemble the meal prep containers, divide zucchini noodles in the containers. Divide the tofu amongst the containers and place the mini sauce containers on one side. Place the lid and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Two ways to eat:
2. Its best to store the sauce separately till you are ready to eat so that the zoodles stay crunchy
3. You can easily swap the zoodles for noodles if you like because these taste great both ways!
- You can either eat these cold like a salad. I basically toss everything in the sauce and eat it straight from the refrigerator, This way the zucchini noodles stay crunchy and its great for afternoons
- Or you can pour the sauce over the tofu and microwave the meal prep container. Toss everything and it's a delicious hot meal. The zucchini noodles do leave a little water when you microwave, and when you toss everything together, it gets a little soupy but still stays crunchy and delicious.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 971mg | Potassium: 272mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 148IU | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg