- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 8-10 Button Mushrooms cut in half
- 1 Red Bell Pepper cut into bite sized squares
- 1 Green Bell Pepper cut into bite sized squares
- 1 Onion cut into bite sized squares
- 5-6 slices Ham cut into small pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
Pre-heat oven to 200C/ 400F
Heat butter and oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute or so and add mushrooms. Stir fry the mushrooms on high heat for 3-4 minutes and add both varieties of bell peppers. Stir fry again for 2-3 minutes and add the onions. Cook everything together on high heat for another two minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off the flame. Add the ham and mix well.
Whisk the eggs with , salt and pepper and set aside.
Spray a baking dish or brush it with oil (size of my baking dish: 10X8). Transfer the veggie and ham mixture to the baking dish and pour the egg mixture evenly over it. Sprinkle with grated cheese (if using) and bake for 30-35 minutes or till cooked through and golden brown from the top. Your baked denver omelet casserole is ready. Rest for a few minutes before slicing, or store it for later.
- Feel free to cut the vegetables smaller or larger based on your preference
- Feel free to add grated cheese, cream, milk or half and half while whisking the egg
- It's important to quickly stir fry the veggies on high heat before adding the whisked eggs. The veggies leave a little water and if you skip this step, the final dish might be too gooey or even watery in parts.
- You can also turn this recipe into baked denver omelet muffin cups by dividing the cooked veggies into muffin tins and then pouring the egg on top. Bake or microwave till cooked through and golden brown. Baking time: 10-12 minutes in the oven or microwave on full power starting with 2 minutes and add 30 seconds till the eggs are cooked through
- To freeze these, slice the casserole into the desired size and place them in an air-tight container in the freezer. To reheat simply microwave them for 30 seconds to a minute.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 233mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1011IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg