- 400 grams Bhindi / Lady Finger / Okra
- 3 tablespoon Mustard Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 2 Red Chillies whole
- 1-2 Green Chillies diced (optional)
- 1 cup Onions diced
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder / Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Amchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoon Coriander / Cilantro freshly chopped
Wash and wipe the bhindi well. This ensures that the bhindi is not slimy when its cooked. Cut each bhindi diagonally into 1 inch pieces.
Heat oil in a frying pan, add ginger and garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds and add cumin seeds, red chillies and green chillies. Cook them for another 30 seconds and add the onions.
Stir fry the onions on high heat and then add the bhindi. Cook the bhindi, while stirring occasionally on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
Next add all the spices and tomatoes and stir fry till the bhindi is cooked and the tomatoes turn just tender. Serve hot, garnished with some fresh chopped coriander. This goes really well with dal and rice or chapatis.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 921mg | Potassium: 442mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1008IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 2mg