- 1 French Loaf Bread Soft (approx 12-16 inches long)
- 1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/3 cup Mushroom sliced (topping)
- 1/3 cup Onion sliced (topping)
- 1/3 cup Bell pepper sliced (topping)
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Preheat oven to 400F/ 204C
Slice the french bread in half and lay them cut side up on a baking sheet.
Spread a tablespoon or two of pizza sauce on each slice, top with your topping of choice and sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella on each slice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are brown and the cheese has melted and is bubbly. Feel free to drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle chilli flakes if you like before serving.
- White Bread: If using plain white bread slices, its best to pre-toast it for 5 minutes, before adding sauce, topping and cheese and then broiling it (toasting with the rack in the upper shelf with only the top element on) for 3-4 minutes till the cheese melts and the toppings roast.
- Freezing Pizza Toasts: Pizza toasts can be easily frozen. Once you've prepared them, place unbaked pizza toasts on a baking sheet and place the sheet straight into the freezer for an hour, till the pizzas are frozen and hard. Then transfer them to a large ziplock bag for later. These will keep in the freezer for 2-3 months. When ready to bake, bake them frozen but add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
- The nutrition information below is for a french bread pizza with bell peppers and olives as topping. The nutritional information will change slightly with each topping.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 996mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 711IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 4mg