- 500 Grams Mangoes diced, we used Alphonso Mango
- 100 Grams (0.5 cups) Sugar
- ¼ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Mint Leaves
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut mangoes into ½ - ¾ inch cubes and put on the parchment lined baking tray. Spread them out evenly. Cover and freeze diced mangoes for at least 4 - 5 hours in the freezer.
Add sugar and water to a heavy bottomed pan and simmer on medium heat. Continue simmering for 4 - 5 minutes or until all the sugar has dissolved.
Place the frozen diced mangoes in a food processor along with the sugar syrup and mint leaves and blend till smooth.
Pour this thick mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze overnight.
Scoop and serve immediately!
- Ice Cream Maker: If you have an ice cream maker, churn the sorbet for 15-20 minutes till it achieves a thick milkshake like consistency and churn it
- Alcohol: 2-3 tbsp vodka or rum can turn this into a boozy mango sorbet and can also prevent ice crystals from forming
- Mangoes: Use the best, sweetest mangoes you can find since this sorbet is only four ingredients. Quality mangoes are what will make this dessert shine!
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 981IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg