Garlicky Yogurt Party Dip
A light, refreshing and super addictive garlicky yogurt party dip to go with chips, wings, cutlets, fries and other finger food. Low calorie and healthy too.
Servings 6 Portions
- 2 cups Yogurt or thick curds
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ cup Capsicum finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Spring Onions finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chili Flakes for garnishing
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for garnishing
Spoon yogurt into a sieve (don't worry it won't drip through) and place the sieve on top of a vessel for an hour in the refrigerator. All the whey will drip down in the vessel, leaving thick curds.
Whisk in the garlic, add capsicum, onions, spring onions, salt and mix.
Leave this in the refrigerator for half an hour or more. Sprinkle with chili flakes, and drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
Add an assortment of carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, breads and chips to the plate alongside the dip.
- Serve immediately or keep refrigerated. As this is a dairy-based dip it will go sour quickly. Best to consume immediately.
- Serve alongside an assortment of carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, breads and chips.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 553IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 1mg