I have big plans with my little sister this weekend.
She’s hosting a farewell party – for her house. Yes, you read it right the first time. The party has been hosted in honor of this place that she’s been calling home for almost 5 years now. Call us nuts, but it deserves a farewell. It’s been that place everyone crashes at after the party, that place where friends of friends bunk on the couch, where evenings are spent giggling over old stories and friends are made for life.
Homes have as much a part to play in our memories as people do and I’m sure all of us have that favorite room, a favorite desk by the window, that coffee shop where we sat for hours doing nothing with friends. This was ours. When we moved in (I used to live with Pragya till a few years ago) it was just bare walls and then we started adding our own little touches – a poster here, a wind chime somewhere, cushions strewn about, curtains which would sway to let the light stream in, pictures on the wall and then one day we realised that it became home. Even after I left, I always had a room to stay whenever I visited but moving on is part of growing up, right? While we are all sad, we want to end it in style and hence the big farewell and all!
I’m the official party food planner and I’m not going to go into the details but there are brownies, meatballs and wings involved. Nothing makes a party going like some hot, dirty wings smothered in tangy sauce that has to be licked off your fingers but more of that later!
Today I have some party food for you (yes, that’s where all this was going) which is a hit! While I may like to spend hours slogging away in the kitchen, I know you don’t. So let’s help you put together something real quick to get the party started!
I’m sharing the recipe for my Garlicky Yogurt Party Dip which is super addictive and vanishes pretty quickly. So you may want to make an extra bowl.
Also follow me on Instagram for more drool-worthy updates 🙂
More Dips for Chips:
- Spicy Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Sauce
- Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- Creamy Sundried Tomato Hummus
Garlicky Yogurt Party Dip
- 2 cups Yogurt or thick Curds
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- ½ cup Capsicum , finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion , finely chopped
- ½ cup Spring Onions , finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chili Flakes and Extra Virgin Olive Oil for garnishing
- Spoon yogurt into a sieve (don’t worry it won’t drip through) and place the sieve on top of a vessel for an hour in the refrigerator. All the whey will drip down in the vessel, leaving thick curds.
- Whisk in the garlic, add capsicum, onions, spring onions, salt and mix.
- Leave this in the refrigerator for half an hour or more. Sprinkle with chili flakes, and drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
- Add an assortment of carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, breads and chips to the plate alongside the dip.