A really creative way to eat chaat - Bread Chaat is for all the last-minute chaat cravings! It's a cross between sev puri and dahi vada and is a quick, easy snack.
Never heard of bread chaat? Me neither! I mean before I tried this two weeks ago. A friend told me about this. Obviously, I was super curious and then she made some. And then we asked her for another serving. And then another. It is just sooo good!
Imagine crispy bread that's topped with layers of boiled potato, chopped onions, grated carrot, spicy green chutney, dahi, meethi imli chutney, crunchy sev and repeat!
The first few bites are textures of crispy bread with all the toppings so it reminds you of a sev puri or dahi puri. And then as you keep eating, the bread starts to soak up the dahi and the chutneys and starts to become softer in the middle. And then it reminds you of eating dahi vada. I can't even explain how this actually becomes better than it was!
You just have to try! And it is so easy and convenient. I bet you always have some bread at home.
More Chaat Recipes
Watch the Recipe Video
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Subscribe to my newsletter and be the first to receive all new recipes!
- 8-10 Slices White Bread toasted
- 1 Cup Curd whisked
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 Potatoes boiled and cut into cubes
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and grated
- Coriander Mint Chutney as required
- Meethi Imli Chutney as required
- Nylon Sev as required
- 1-2 Teaspoons Chaat Masala
- 1-2 Teaspoons Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Add curd, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place two slices of bread on a serving plate. Add coriander mint chutney on top and spread it around the slice. Add some boiled potato cubes, chopped onion and grated carrot. Add 1-2 spoons of the curd mixture.
- Add some more chopped onion, grated carrot and another spoon of curd. Drizzle some imli chutney and coriander chutney. Sprinkle some chaat masala and kashmiri chilli powder.
- Top with nylon sev and serve immediately.