Crispy bottom Chilli Oil Fried Eggs are nothing like you’ve ever had before. It's a great way to amp up regular morning eggs or a boring fried rice meal.
We eat a lot of eggs around here and one of my favourite things to do is top my fried rice or noodles with a fried egg. After I successfully made a batch of chilli oil (yet) again - we’ve been going through it at breakneck speed - I used it to fry my morning eggs. OMG the result is outstanding. The bottom gets crispy and the oil and chillies seep into the eggs, making every bite a flavour bomb.
This ones not even a recipe-recipe but I had to put this out there. It's an immediate flavour boost, a spicy kick and a really crispy bottom that comes from the garlicky chilli bits in the oil and sesame seeds. Eat these with toast or on top of waffles, fried rice, hakka noodles and even boring pasta.
I absolutely vouch for making chilli oil from scratch because its cleaner, customisable, affordable and most importantly, really has that strong fresh flavour that a store bought product cannot replicate.
Check out my quick and easy but extra flavour Chilli Oil recipe too!
Ingredients You'll Need to Make Chilli Oil Fried Eggs
- Eggs – I really recommend using high quality cage free or free range eggs for this recipe like Ayur++ that you can find in any supermarket. You can very clearly tell the difference in the quality of the yolks.
- Chilli Oil – made using just 5 ingredients: red chilli flakes, sesame seeds, salt, garlic, and a neutral-flavoured oil
- Toasted Seasame Oil: For that umami kick!
- More sesame seeds and spring onions: For that crispy bottom
I also recommend using a high quality non-stick or stainless steel pan for those perfectly crispy fried eggs that we want here. Top tip is to make sure the pan is HOT! first before pouring in the chilli oil and the eggs.
Once you’ve made your batch of chilli oil, there’s so much you can do with it – and this fried eggs with chilli oil recipe is number one on my list.
I hope you try this out for the most lush breakfast in bed (or anywhere really) that you’ll make! As always, do send me your pictures!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Subscribe to my newsletter and be the first to receive all new recipes!
Chilli Oil Fried Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Homemade Chilli Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- ½ Teaspoon White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Spring Onion Greens
- 1 Egg
- Salt to taste
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high flame. Add the chilli oil, toasted sesame oil, half the sesame seeds, and half of the chopped spring onion greens to the skillet. Let it cook for one minute on high flame, stirring occasionally to mix the ingredients.
- Crack the egg on top of the mixture in the skillet. Season with salt as per your taste. Continue to cook until the egg white is set to your desired level of doneness. The yolk should still be soft and runny.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and garnish with some more chopped spring onion greens. Serve hot.