Mango Cilantro Salad Dressing is a fresh, tropical, creamy dressing that's super healthy, easily made in a blender and is gluten free. You'll want to pour it on everything!
I insist that this mango cilantro salad dressing jar should be a permanent fixture in your refrigerator for every mango season day in your life. Because you'll want to pour it on everything and eat it out of the jar at the same time. I'm talking face plant in that salad dressing bowl, till you can't eat anymore.
I have made this dressing about 156 times in the last 3 weeks and I know I should have shared this earlier, but it was wiped out before pictures could happen. You get that kind of gluttony right? But it's a salad so it's healthy and I'm allowed. BTW I have a video tutorial to make it even easier for you to make this mango cilantro salad dressing. Watch it below ????
How to make Mango Cilantro Salad Dressing Video:
Now I know some of you may not be big fans of cilantro, so for you I'm letting you switch up the cilantro for basil because that works just as well. I've tried both ways and I can't decide which one I like more.
This also works really well as a dipping sauce so it gets major bonus points right now. What I love the most about this salad dressing is that I can make it in a blender and the whole process becomes even more simple. Use a food processor if you have one with an open spout to pour the olive oil while blending the ingredients, and that mango cilantro magically emulsifies and becomes super creamy. And stays that way even when you refrigerate.
Isn't that making your mouth water? Because of all the fresh mangoes in the dressing, you don't need an artificial sweetener and that's a major win. Just in case the mangoes you get are not as sweet, add a dash of honey or maple syrup which will make things perfect!
I also have a super delicious Mango Avocado Chicken Salad with this dressing coming up for you guys where this dressing doubles up as marinade as well as dressing. Thats too many times the word dressing was used right? Tell me you didn't notice.
Smothered in dressing is how I like it!
Check out the Mango Cilantro Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe here
Top tips to make this healthy salad dressing:
- Use an immersion blender or food processor where it's easy for you to pour in the olive oil
- Use fresh ingredients like mango, cilantro, chillies or jalapeno and garlic because the ingredients are the star of this recipe
- Pour in the olive oil slowly so that the dressing emulsifies and changes from chunky to creamy
- The dressing stays good in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight jar, so you can easily make it ahead.
Mango Cilantro Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Ripe Mangoes diced
- ½ cup Cilantro / Coriander leaves
- 1 Thai Red Chilli
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- Add mangoes, cilantro, red chilli, garlic, red, wine vinegar and salt to a food processor or immersion blender. Start blending and once the ingredients start breaking down, slowly pour in olive oil till the dressing emulsifies and becomes creamy.
- Red wine vinegar can be substituted with rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Thai red chilli can be substituted with green chilli, red chilli or birds eye chilli.
- Use immediately as this dressing is made with fresh ingredients. It will tend to separate or settle when left to store.
Yummy dressing. If you are wanting to cut fat in your diet you can omit the oil and it will still taste great. I use rice vinegar that has been seasoned (Nakhon).
This is so good and easy! It’s fresh, light, tasty! I couldn’t find a Thai chili so I used one Serrano pepper (I removed half the seeds). I used it on her salad and my husband and I loved it! He asked if we could have it again for dinner this week, so that’s how much he loved it. 😉
Yay! Glad you both liked it
Used frozen mango and it is delicious. I made it two days in advance and I will always do so from now one, because the taste even gets better I think. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
Thanks for trying out this recipe and leaving a comment Rita. Soooo glad you liked it!
This dressing comes together nicely. I don’t have access to fresh mangoes so I use frozen mangos. I want my kids to eat this so I leave out the chili peppers. My husband says it is delicious. Thank you Richa.
do you think it would taste alright to use frozen mango thats dethawed instead of fresh mango? im the actual worst at peeling mangoes
Absolutely - frozen mangoes will work easily. They might make the dressing a little thicker in texture, so you can add a little water to thin it out.
Nice recipe but I was wondering if I can substitute the red wine vinegar for something else? I am allergic to sulfites so I can't do the red wine vinegar...do you have an alternative? If I don't add it will it taste the same? Good luck with your blog, you have good recipes. Thank you for sharing.
Hey Chandni! You can substitute it with lime juice 🙂
Albert Sain says
Wonderful post! We are linking to this great post on our website. Keep up the good writing.
I'll definitely be trying this out. It looks lovely. Thank you
Thank you! I hope you like it. It's totally lickable 😀