It doesn’t get easier than these microwave mug recipes. I’ve got some eggless chocolate mug cake, microwave pizza in a mug, microwave mac and cheese in a mug and two more cake recipes. You are in for a treat!
We’ve all been there. Its 1AM, we are lying awake, staring at the ceiling, wondering what to eat. Maybe there’s crackers lying around. But you can do better now. These easy microwave mug recipes are so quick that you’ll be out of bed and eating something delicious in under 10 minutes.
I’ve got three different dessert recipes, a cheesy, comforting mac and cheese and a mug pizza. These may not be gourmet level, fancy stuff but trust me, it’ll satisfy those cravings and how!
Watch Microwave Mug Recipes Video
Eggless Chocolate Mug Cake in a Microwave
Sure to satisfy those chocolate cravings, this eggless chocolate mug cake is intensely chocolatey, moist and soft. Serve it dusted with icing sugar on top or a scoop of ice cream for extra deliciousness!Print
Eggless chocolate mug cake takes only 90 seconds in the microwave. Its intensely chocolatey and has chunks of melted chocolate. Dust it lightly with sugar or top it with vanilla ice cream for a real treat!
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour (or Maida)
- 3 tablespoons Castor Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4–5 small pieces of milk chocolate
- Icing Sugar for dusting on top (optional)
- In a microwave safe mug, mix together flour, castor sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt till evenly combined.
- Add milk and vegetable oil and mix till you don’t there are no visible lumps. Mix in the milk chocolate.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds. It takes approx 90 seconds in a 800 watt microwave, but will take lesser time in a 1200 watt microwave.
- Dust with icing sugar and eat immediately.
- If your mug cake is not cooked through, microwave in spurts of 30 seconds till its cooked.
- Mug cakes should be consumed immediately or they tend to dry out
- Fill your mug only 3/4th of the way through
Microwave Pizza in a Mug
This may not taste like your favourite pizzeria, but this microwave pizza in a mug will deliver when its the middle of the night and nothing except pizza will do. There is bread, bubbly, melted cheese and loads of pizza sauce.Print
Microwave pizza in a mug tastes just like pizza. A spoonful will give you a quick bread, pizza sauce, toppings and lots of melty cheese.
- 4 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 tablespoon Pizza Sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons grated Mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon chopped Onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped Red Bell Peppers
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and oregano in a microwave friendly mug till well combined.
- Add milk and mix till there are no visible lumps. Spread pizza sauce on top, add mozzarella and the toppings and microwave for 90 seconds in a 800 watt microwave or 75 seconds in a 1200 watt microwave. Eat immediately!
- The cheese might bubble over while its in the microwave
- Add your favourite toppings – olives, pepperoni or skip them completely
- The dough tends to dry out if its consumed quickly, so eat it while it’s still warm
Microwave Mac and Cheese in a Mug
We are talking legit microwave mac and cheese, but made in a mug, or bowl in this case. This is the only mug recipe that takes more than two minutes to cook because the pasta takes approx 4-5 minutes to cook in a microwave. But the wait is worth it. You’ll be rewarded with cheesy, comforting mac and cheese that tastes just as good as the real deal!Print
This microwave mac and cheese in a mug takes approx 6-7 minutes to cook but its so worth the wait. Cheesy, creamy and so satisfying!
- 1/2 cup Macaroni or any short pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Cheddar Cheese (anything except mozzarella)
- In a large mug or a bowl (you need a larger bowl because the water bubbles up while the pasta is cooking), add pasta, salt, pepper and water and microwave for 4-5 minutes till the pasta is fully cooked. Check at 4 minutes and then cook in 30 second intervals till the pasta is done.
- Add cornflour and milk and mix well. Add cheese, give it a quick mix and microwave for another minute. Mix well and serve immediately.
- The cornflour can be skipped, but it helps make a thick sauce that coats the pasta
- If you don’t finish this in one go, you can save it for later. To reheat, add a splash of milk, microwave for a minute, mix and eat.