This No Brainer Loaded Nachos platter screams out the fact that its PARTY TIME! It is really easy to put together and tastes like heaven while raising the bar for party food really high. Its Cheesy, crunchy, loaded with toppings and all things good! Make it for a game day snack and binge on!
How excited ARE you that the weekend is almost here?! And that we can make this no-brainer loaded Nachos Platter three days in a row, starting tonight? No matter how long a week is, we must end it the right way and these nachos are here to the rescue! And so is our Spicy Nacho Cheese Sauce in just 10 Minutes!
Weekends are for taking time off and pampering yourself. And what better way to pamper yourself than to indulge in cooking (and eating up everything you make?). This is the kind of stuff weekends are made of. And you can bet that we are digging in!
I love these nachos waaaaay more than the Chili Chocolate covered Potato Chips and I never thought I’d say that. Or maybe not. Correction: I love them equally! Don’t ask me to choose you guys.
BTW I know it’s not cool to load up on JUST Nachos for lunch, but when you make an entire platter, ummm, there’s no room for anything else.
So I’ll tell you why these are a no-brainer. Because these really are! Okay, that’s not a reason but you know what I mean.
Layers of crunch loaded with some quick refried beans, tomato salsa, corn and looooads of cheesy goodness. These nachos are a crowd pleaser and are sure to steal the show if you make them for your parties. Clearly, we never listen to our own advice. Because Denver and I pretty much chomped down the whole thing in one sitting.
I promise this is going to become your go to snack for every party you host starting now. They’re really convenient to make and really yummy. You usually need a crowd to finish these. Except when there’s the two of us.
If you try this out, take a picture will ya? Post it on Instagram and tag them #myfoodstories and I’ll be reposting my favorites every week.
More Snack Recipes:
- Pani Puri (Golgappa/ Puchka)
- Chilli Lime Sweet Potato Wedges
- Crispy Honey Chilli Potatoes
- Crispy Veg Nuggets with Sichuan Sauce
- 14 Snack Recipes that will light up your Diwali Party
No Brainer Loaded Nachos Platter
- 200 g Nachos or 1-1/2 packets
- 1 cup Sweet Corn cooked
- Coriander Chopped for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Kidney Beans cooked
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Green Chili finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander chopped
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Green Chili minced
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- Start by making refried beans. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic to it. Once the garlic is nice and fragrant, add all the ingredients listed under refried beans to the pan. Bring it to a boil and then simmer and cook till all the water has evaporated.
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned under Tomato Salsa and set aside while you cook the corn.
- Heat a pan till smoking hot and add the corn. Stir around 3-4 minutes till the corn starts charring a bit. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool while you make the cheese sauce.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the minced garlic and green chili. Cook on low flame for a minute and add a cup of milk. While the milk comes to a boil, whisk the flour in the remaining cup of milk till no lumps remain. Add this to the simmering milk in the pan and keep whisking continuously till there are no lumps and the mixture starts to thicken. Cook this mixture for a few minutes. Switch off the flame and add all the cheese. Stir till the cheese has melted completely.
- To assemble the nachos, layer a large platter with half the nachos. Top the nachos with refried beans and tomato salsa. Add the remaining nachos on top of this. Scatter the corn on the nachos, and spoon the cheese sauce over this. Use some chopped coriander as topping and serve with a chilled glass of beer.
- The cheese sauce can be slightly tricky the first time. Just in case, yours has a few lumps, pulse it a few time in the food processor and it’ll become silky smooth.
- To cook dry kidney beans, soak them overnight and then boil them or pressure cook them till the beans can be easily crushed between two fingers.
- You can use frozen sweet corn instead of fresh corn. Just make sure to thaw completely before cooking.