Sweet breakfast lovers, you need to try this Apple Pie Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl ASAP! Super quick and delicious, this one's ready in 20 minutes flat! Plus it's a one-pot recipe, which means there is a lot less to cleanup on busy weekday mornings!
I love starting my day with a hearty breakfast. But obviously, making myself and the family a complicated, multistep breakfast is a luxury I cannot afford on most weekday mornings. That is why I am a huge fan of quick and simple recipes like this apple oatmeal pie breakfast bowl that's incredibly tasty, comforting and packs a punch in the nutrition department. This one's a winner in my books for so many reasons! It's a simple one-pot recipe, where everything from stewing the apples to cooking the oats happens in one pot. I save so much effort of cleaning multiples utensils on a rushed morning. And I can put this recipe on the table in 20 minutes flat! If that doesn't sound like an ideal weekday breakfast, I don't know what does! And on the days when I don't feel like a sweet breakfast, my trusty 5 Savory Oatmeal Recipes always comes to the rescue!
QUICK WALK THROUGH: APPLE PIE OATMEAL
Richa's top tips to make the best apple pie oatmeal
- The ingredients of this recipe can be easily doubled, tripled and even halved depending on the number of people you're making it for.
- This recipe is very meal-prep friendly. You can make a big batch ahead of the week and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Simply take it out and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop for a couple of minutes when you are ready to eat.
- If you want the vegan version of this recipe, simply swap out the milk for a plant-based milk of your choice and honey for maple syrup.
A lot of people refer to oats and oatmeal interchangeably, but that's not the case. Oats is the uncooked, whole grain while oatmeal refers to the porridge-like final cooked dish that's made from oats.
Oatmeal is considered to be one of the healthiest breakfast options out there. Oats are high in fibre, protein, vitamins, and essential nutrients making it a great addition to your daily breakfast menu.
Believe me when I tell you that that apple pie oatmeal feels like a hug a bowl! It's warm, comforting and tastes absolutely delicious! I usually top this with some apple slices and pecan nuts for a bit of crunch, but you can add more or any other fruits and nuts of your choice.
Apple Pie Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- 2 Apples diced
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats Instant Oats
- 2 ½ cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tablespoons Honey
- Pecans and nuts for topping
- In a sauce pan, add diced apples, cinnamon powder and ½ cup water. Bring this to a quick boil, and then lower the flame. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes till the apples are soft.
- Add oats, milk, vanilla extract and honey and stir well. Cook for 4-5 minutes till the oats are cooked through and everything is mixed well. Top with pecans or your favorite nuts and an extra drizzle of honey and serve hot.