This Apple Pie Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl is a super quick and delicious breakfast. It is ready in 20 minutes and is a one-pot recipe so its a win-win situation!
I’m starting 2017 with this apple pie oatmeal breakfast bowl for you guys. Happy New Year friends! I’ve had a lovely break but as you can tell, I’m still on an apple streak and following up last year’s amazing Eggless Apple Bundt Cake with this apple pie oatmeal.
It just seemed so appropriate to start the new year with a breakfast recipe. Because I really can’t think of much else right now. My mind’s still on holiday. How long does it take really to get out of holiday mode? I need to reset my life like yesterday. But somehow, breakfast is the most effort I can make so far. One day at a time I guess.
How was the New Year guys? We started off with a barbecue that Denver and I have pretty much mastered now, including how to get the fire started quickly, and then spent the most perfect NYE on the beach, around a bonfire with close friends. I don’t think it could have been any better!
It was the holiday we needed so bad. But the problem with holidays is that it takes so long to get over them.
I’m now in the warm breakfast mode, because Bangalore still has hoodie weather and Oatmeal seems like the perfect way to start the day.
This apple pie oatmeal is perfect for so many reasons:
- One pot – because everything from stewing the apples to cooking the oats till they are soft and creamy all happens in one pot. I love breakfast where I can start the fire, dump, stir and eat. Perfect lazy still-stuck-in-holiday-mode recipe
- So quick – for days when I can’t be bothered to do much but need enough to get me going till lunch, this apple pie oatmeal breakfast bowl is my go to guy. It takes 20 minutes to finish cooking and you have enough breakfast for everybody. Just double or triple the recipe if there are more than two of you
- Big batch breakfast – Will you judge me if I tell you that when I’m feeling super lazy, I just make a big batch, store it in the fridge and eat this for three days straight? It doesn’t help that it’s also so so yummy. Like apple pie. But for breakfast. Let’s stay friends please.
On those days when I don’t feel like a sweet breakfast, I have my trusty 5 Savory Oatmeal Recipes for Breakfast when I don’t like it sweet.
Okay now Tata-bye bye. I’m getting into PJ’s with my favorite breakfast bowl. See you guys tomorrow.
Also See My List of Favourites:
- Strawberries and Cream Breakfast Oatmeal
- Savory Garlic Oats with Masala Fried Egg
- Healthy Vegan Frozen Peach Mango Smoothie
Apple Pie Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- 2 Apples diced
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats Instant Oats
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tablespoons Honey
- Pecans and nuts for topping
- In a sauce pan, add diced apples, cinnamon powder and 1/2 cup water. Bring this to a quick boil, and then lower the flame. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes till the apples are soft.
- Add oats, milk, vanilla extract and honey and stir well. Cook for 4-5 minutes till the oats are cooked through and everything is mixed well. Top with pecans or your favorite nuts and an extra drizzle of honey and serve hot.