Chocolate Stuffed Mini Pancake Bites are a delicious breakfast/ brunch recipe. They're made with pancake mix, are kid friendly and are perfect for a brunch party! Also make them as a back to school evening snack and everyone will love them!
That is real chocolate oozing out of those mini pancakes and I think it’s always a good time for pancakes guys. Especially when they are these adorable little chocolate stuffed mini pancake bites that are so easy to pop into your mouth. Too easy I say. Because I didn’t stop popping them till I was left with a measly two mini pancakes. By then it was too late to offer them to the husband who was ready for breakfast.
These are also awfully easy to make. I used Betty Crocker’s ready pancake mix which brings down the ingredient list to exactly four things to make these mini pancake poppers. That’s pancake mix, milk, chocolate spread and a little butter for brushing.
Every bite is a melt in your mouth mini pancake and an explosion of chocolate. These mini pancakes really pack in the chocolate, and you will have a mouthful of it when you pop these in.
There is no guesswork involved when you use Betty Crocker’s pancake mix because you are guaranteed soft, fluffy pancakes every single time.
How do you make chocolate stuffed mini pancake bites?
You basically need a paniyaram pan or ebleskiver pan to make these which is easily available on amazon. The trick is to fill each well in the pan halfway with pancake batter, add a dollop of your favorite chocolate spread and then add more pancake on top. I like to use icing bags to make this easier. I have two icing bags – one filled with pancake batter and the other with chocolate spread. I squeeze out the pancake batter, then a dollop of chocolate spread and then some more pancake batter. And that’s it. Each pancake cooks for 2 minutes and once it rises a bit and the edges are brown, you flip it to cook the other side. No leaking, no chocolate spread oozing out – the quick cooking batter ensures that you get perfectly round chocolate stuffed mini pancake bites every single time!
What do I serve mini pancakes with?
The best way to enjoy these is to dust them with powdered sugar, but you can always dip these in maple syrup or honey or more chocolate sauce. Because there is nothing like too much chocolate.
Definitely going to be wiped out so make extras!
More Interesting Breakfast Ideas:
- Spinach Potato Veggie Frittata
- Indian Masala Egg French Toast
- Rose and Honey Flavored Oats
- Savory Oats with Masala Fried Egg
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- Mango Chia Seed Breakfast Drink
- Baked Denver Omelet Breakfast Casserole
Chocolate Stuffed Mini Pancake Bites
- 250 grams Betty Crockers Pancake Mix
- 325 ml Milk
- ½ cup Chocolate Spread
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted for brushing
- Whisk together pancake mix and milk to a smooth batter. Pour the batter into a piping bag and keep ready.
- Warm the chocolate spread for 30 seconds in the microwave and pour it into another piping bag.
- Heat the pan and brush it with melted butter. Pipe half the pancake batter into each well and top with a dollop of chocolate spread and then fill it up with more pancake batter, making sure the batter covers the chocolate spread. Cover the pan for a minute, keeping the heat to medium high. Using a fork and a spoon to turn the pancakes and cook for another minutes or two till all sides are brown. Repeat till all the batter is used up and serve immediately.
Anna Cherian says
I absolutely loved these gooey little bites. I added sliced bananas too. It turned out so good. Super easy and so yummy. Thanks Richa!
Sonia Dutt says
I used Nutella for this but ai feel using a more liquify sauce may be better
Hey Sonia - the chocolate spread or Nutella is actually liquid enough to pipe. Like I've mentioned in the detailed recipe, you need to microwave it for 30 seconds so that the consistency is more liquid and pipeable.
Can these mini filled pancakes be frozen?
I've never tried freezing pancakes Marcy so can't say
James | Thyme to Mango says
There is never such a thing as too much chocolate, lol! These look so good Richa, I think I would have to make double batches though as I'd probably stuff my face with the entire first batch!