Healthy Cauliflower Rice Broccoli Casserole is a baked casserole dish that is gluten free, keto friendly and has loads of flavor. It’s super cheesy and perfect for when you want a complete meal for dinner. This can double up as a side dish or a main dish.
I’m digging cauliflower rice these days because its so healthy and clearly you guys love it too because this Mexican Cauliflower Rice is one of the most popular recipes on the blog right now.
I recently shot a video for cauliflower rice and had so much cauliflower rice sitting in the fridge that we didn’t know what to do with it. So I decided to give it a makeover and combined two of my favorite things – cauliflower and broccoli to make this low carb, gluten free and super healthy cauliflower rice broccoli casserole.
Full disclaimer: this is not one of those things that my husband likes to eat. But I love it. I’ve been having it for lunch two days in a row now. Sometimes I combine it with a piece of grilled chicken breast and other days with steamed veggies and its perfect. It doesn’t make me feel full or groggy but still gives my cheese craving soul a lot of satisfaction.
That stringy cheese is real people!
This casserole is not boring at all. It’s got all the goodness of cauliflower, tons of broccoli, jalapenos, carrots and lots and lots of cheese. Because we like healthy to be tasty too!!
This is especially great if you are following a ketogenic diet and looking to switch things up a bit with your cauliflower rice. It’s really important that you don’t mash up your cauliflower completely, and keep it more ‘rice like’ so that when you actually make this casserole, the texture is that of rice and not just veggies.
You can always prep this ahead and keep the casserole refrigerated. Then all you have to do is place it in the oven and bake for dinner.
how to make cauliflower rice without a food processor?
If you don’t have a food processor, don’t worry. You can just grate the cauliflower and it’ll turn into cauliflower rice as you grate it. So to make cauliflower rice, all you need is a good quality grater and you are good to go. In some parts of the world, cauliflower rice is also available in supermarkets but I haven’t seen that in India yet.
I love adding lots of flavor to this healthy cauliflower rice broccoli casserole with garlic, oregano, thyme and paprika. If you still absolutely want your carbs, just slice up some crusty bread and you can satisfy all your cravings without the guilt!Print
Healthy Cauliflower Rice Broccoli Casserole is a baked casserole dish that is gluten free, keto friendly and has loads of flavor. It’s super cheesy and perfect when you want a complete meal for dinner. This can double up as a side dish or a main dish.
- 5 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Carrots
- 1 tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Paprika (adjust the amount to your spice preference)
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup Half and Half (1/2 Milk:1/2 Cream)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- Jalapeno Slices for topping (optional)
- Rice the Cauliflower: Add all the cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse a few times till the cauliflower resembles small bits like rice. Don’t go all the way or it can turn mushy.
- Cook the Cauliflower: Heat oil in a large pan and add garlic, jalapenos and carrots. Saute for a minute or two on high heat and add the riced cauliflower, oregano, paprika and salt. Stir fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes till the cauliflower becomes soft, but not mushy. Take a cup of this cauliflower mixture (reserve the rest) and blend with half and half (its okay if the sauce isn’t completely smooth). Add a splash of water or stock if you need to loosen things up in the blender, but don’t add more than a couple of teaspoons.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F
- Assemble and Bake: Mix together the reserved cauliflower, cauliflower puree, broccoli and cheddar, and transfer to a baking pan or casserole dish. You can also use a cast iron pan if you like. Top with grated mozzarella and jalapeno slices, if using and bake for 45 minutes. Serve this healthy cauliflower broccoli rice immediately.
- Cut up the broccoli into bit sized florets because if they are too large it can be quite a mouthful while eating
- Do not use too much water or stock while blending the cauliflower or the casserole might become watery
- If you don’t have a food processor, just take a whole cauliflower and grate it with a grater
More Cauliflower Rice Recipes