Low Carb Asian Cauliflower Rice is a healthy take on fried rice that is delicious, and is perfect if you are on a gluten free or a keto diet. Its ready in twenty minutes and is loaded with veggies!
We have a totally hipster vibe going on the blog today because I’m sharing this amazing/ healthy/ vegan/ gluten free low carb asian cauliflower rice. I’m none of these things including hipster, vegan or gluten free but I love cauliflower rice so much that I had to share another take on this loaded veggie fried rice.
I know. Most of you will be like – why can’t we just eat regular rice like regular people? But guys just think about how great it’ll be if you can eat as much cauliflower rice as you want without feeling even mildly guilty about stuffing your face. Because this is really that good!
I think it even tops my mexican cauliflower rice recipe that’s such a hit with you guys, and happens to one of the MOST popular recipes on this little food blog.
Ricing your own cauliflower and turning it into cauliflower fried rice/ stir fry is the easiest thing to do and your stomach and weighing scale will thank you.
How to rice cauliflower for cauliflower rice?
Ricing cauliflower or making ‘cauliflower rice’ is super simple. Remove the stems and the hard base of the cauliflower. Cut it up into small florets and blitz it into your food processor till it turns into tiny rice like bits. But don’t take this too far or your cauliflower can turn into mush and then get pureed, sorta. Check out this great tutorial on the kitchn.
How to make cauliflower rice without a food processor?
If you don’t have a food processor, don’t worry. You can just grate the cauliflower and it’ll turn into cauliflower rice as you grate it. So to make cauliflower rice, all you need is a good quality grater and you are good to go. In some parts of the world, cauliflower rice is also available in supermarkets but I haven’t seen that in India yet.
This low carb asian cauliflower rice is such a flavor bomb. We stir fry a ton of veggies, garlic and celery and then toss everything together with cauliflower rice, oyster sauce, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil. Now don’t you skip the toasted sesame oil because it is the best thing that ever happened. And its what turns this standard cauliflower fried rice into a super amazing Asian cauliflower rice recipe that you won’t stop eating. I don’t.
Confession: Denver’s not really into this super healthy stuff so its mainly me and my bowl of cauliflower rice. I end up making it for lunch because this low carb asian cauliflower rice takes me all of 20 minutes to whip up. If I have a poached egg, or some leftover grilled chicken, it’s a party on the table!
Watch how to make Asian Cauliflower Rice videoPrint
Low Carb Asian Cauliflower Rice is a healthy take on fried rice that is delicious, and is perfect if you are on a gluten free or a keto diet. Its ready in twenty minutes and loaded with veggies!
- 3 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup diced Carrots
- 1/2 cup diced Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup diced Zucchini
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Green Onions and Sesame Seeds for topping
- Add cauliflower florets to a food processor or chopper and pulse till the cauliflower resembles small bits (like rice). Make sure not to go all the way or it can turn mushy. See picture in the post for reference.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry garlic and celery. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the carrots, bell peppers and zucchini. Stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes and add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and toasted sesame oil.
- Mix well and add the riced cauliflower and salt (if required). Stir fry on high for 2-3 minutes till the cauliflower softens up slightly but is not mushy.
- Serve this low carb Asian cauliflower rice immediately, topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Its best to consume cauliflower rice immediately or at least on the same day. Storing it brings a ‘cauliflowery’ smell that I’m not very fond of.
- You can also add a beaten egg while stir frying the cauliflower to turn this into ‘egg cauliflower fried rice’
- This is marked both ‘main dishes’ and ‘side dishes’ because it can easily be turned into a side with chicken or fish