Chocolate covered potato chips are life changing if you haven't tried them before! Crunchy, salty, sweet and of course chocolate-y. A sprinkle of chilli flakes gives these a crazy twist that is hard not to love. Chomp away!
I know I know. Chocolate and Potato chips together? Don't dismiss it till you haven't tried it! This is officially the best potato chip snack ever!
I first posted this recipe 8 years ago and I figured it was time to bring this salty, crunchy, chocolate chip thing back to the Internet.
I personally like to go crazy with ingredients and love experimenting. So when I saw these Chocolate covered Potato Chips on Pioneer Woman's blog some time ago, I knew I had to give it a go! They looked kinda crazy and what better source of inspiration? I was blown away! I added a bit of Chili and they became even better because Chili just seems to bring everything together.
Ingredients you'll need to make chilli chocolate potato chips:
Chocolate: I used dark chocolate, melted in the microwave for 60 seconds. You can use milk chocolate if you want something a little sweeter.
Chilli Flakes: I've used store-bought chilli flakes but you can use any kind.
Potato Chips: I used Lays for this recipe cause I noticed it's thicker than local chips making them more stable when dipped into chocolate.
This is officially not a recipe because they are so damn easy to make. They're a perfect snack when you don't want to do much but want something truly munch-worthy . So I'm just going to write it down anyway.
Also, check out 7 Must-Try Game Day Party Recipes
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Subscribe to my newsletter and be the first to receive all new recipes!
Chilli Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- 100 g Chocolate (Milk/Dark)
- 250 grams Salted Potato Chips
- Chilli Flakes for sprinkling
- Chop the chocolate up in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on full power for 1 minute. Pause at 30 secs and whisk lightly using a fork and repeat after 30 secs. The chocolate should have melted after 1 minute. If not, microwave for another 15-20 secs, making sure not to burn, just melt.
- Use thick potato chips like Lays because the thin ones tend to get soggy.
- Dip each chip about half way through in the melted chocolate.
- Place them on a tray lined with parchment or butter paper. Sprinkle the chocolate covered part with chili flakes.
- Place them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes till they are completely dry and the chocolate has hardened. Devour.