Chocolate Ragi Pancakes are the perfect kid friendly breakfast or snack that make a regular appearance in my daughters tiffin box!
I'm starting a new series today called the 'Tiffin Series' and I have TEN AMAZING RECIPES that I'll share here over the next few weeks. These are incredibly simple, nutritious kid friendly recipes that are tried and tested on my kids and neighbours kids and their friends and have received a thumbs up all around!
The first in the series had to be these Chocolate Ragi Pancakes because I make them every single week and my four year old loves them. Drizzled with some honey and some fresh fruit on the side, its a breakfast that gets wolfed down super fast!
Everything you need for Chocolate Ragi Pancakes
It's a short, simple ingredient list. The Ragi kind of enhances the cocoa powder, making these a little more chocolatey. I keep the baking powder to a minimum.
How to make Ragi Pancakes
- Mix the Batter and this means dumping everything together and giving it a nice whisk till its smooth
2. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the batter on a hot pan brushed with butter or ghee. Cook for 1-2 minutes till you see bubbles appear on the surface
3. Flip the pancakes. Cook for another 30-45 seconds and take them off.
And that's it. BOTH my kids love these - my four year old and ten month old! In fact this becomes family breakfast on days when I make these. It is the year of millets and for good reason! These Millet Pancakes are my way of showing you that they can be tasty while being healthy.
I love putting together my daughters tiffin box and with recipes like these it actually takes me all of 10 minutes! Here I have the finger millet pancakes, guava, air fryer roasted makhanas and mithai!
Watch the Recipe Video
LOVE THIS RECIPE? Subscribe to my newsletter and be the first to receive all new recipes!
Chocolate Ragi Pancakes
- ¼ cup Ragi Flour finger millet flour
- ⅛ cup Whole wheat flour atta
- 3 tablespoon Jaggery gud
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 6 tablespoon Milk ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder can be increased to ½ teaspoon for older kids for fluffier pancakes
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoon Butter for brushing
- Mix together ragi flour, atta, jaggery, cocoa powder, milk, baking powder, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk well till you get a smooth, runny mixture. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan and brush it with butter. Pour approx 2-3 tablespoon of pancake batter for one pancake. Repeat to fit as many pancakes as possible. Cook on medium heat for 1-3 minutes till you see bubbles start appearing on the surface.
- Gently flip the pancakes. Cook for 30-45 seconds. Serve hot with a drizzle of honey and fresh fruits.
- If making for adults, this recipe serves 2
- Ragi flour can be replaced with whole wheat flour, jowar flour or even all purpose flour if you like