Holiday season is meant for pampering oneself and what better way than a cocktail to do it? This Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktail is a chilled, refreshing vodka based drink that can be made in a pitcher and is a crowd puller. A glass of this is the perfect way to welcome the season of fall!
What are we celebrating today? Many things actually. The holiday season, which I loooove. Approaching winter, fingers crossed. Colorful produce, already showing up at the market. Slightly warm afternoons, still here as a reminder. And these gorgeous pink Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktails made in my uber cool Mason Jars, one for both Denver and I 🙂
This post is about many things. October is Breast Cancer awareness month, and this is my dedication to the cause. I’ve had members of my family diagnosed with this terrifying disease (cancer is actually a collection of diseases) and while the physical changes are long lasting, it’s also mentally tiring to deal with. Personal strength and family support can be key to survival and recovery, so if you have the time, do read up on the subject and look up organizations where you can show your support.
I’m also really excited about participating in a Monthly Ingredient Challenge starting this month, with some wonderful bloggers from across the world. So every month, I’ll be bringing you a recipe focusing on a brand new ingredient that I can explore, and hopefully with this blog, so can you 🙂 You’ll also be able to hop onto these blogs to check them out for yourself, so don’t forget to take a look at the links below.
I actually dislike pink with a vengeance but who can say no when you have a spiked cranberry ginger ale cocktail that looks cute enough to just stare at, all day long. Not that I could resist these anyway. Because these are pretty irresistible, with sugar coated rims, a lime slice to lick, just the right amount of sweet for a cocktail, and a sharp ginger flavor that comes from this gorgeous Ginger Beer called Angus O’Neil’s, I found at Nature’s Basket the other day. And that bottle ‘dreamy food blogger eyes’.
I am starting to think that I have a thing for cocktails which look really fancy but are so easy to make at home. Remember, those glasses of Tall Mango Jalapeno Cocktails and that Cucumber Chili Gin? If you ask me to choose, I’m going to have to say no. Because the Gin for summer, the Mango Jalapeno for when summer walks out and rains walk in, and this Cranberry thingy to welcome fall. One for every beautiful season!
So let’s clink our glasses and say cheers because these deserve our mutual love and admiration. And I know you are going to love them as much as I do!
Before you go, check out these Cranberry recipes by some other fantastic bloggers:
- Goodie Godmother’s Fresh Cranberry Orange Bars
- Eat It and Say Yum’s Cranberry Orange Honey Butter
- The Pinterest Kitchen’s Cherry Cranberry Ribbon Cookies
- The Rustic Willow’s Cranberry Honey Butter
- The Busy Baker’s Cranberry Apple Pie
- Tastefully Frugal’s Turkey and Swiss Salad with a Cranberry Citrus Vinaigrette
- The Foodie Goes Primal’s Festive Cranberry Coleslaw
- Dr. Jean Layton’s Crustless Frangipane Cranberry Tart
- Heather Hollandaise’s GF Cranberry Orange Biscotti
Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktail
- 3/4 cup Cranberry Juice
- 1/2 cup Ginger Beer
- 75 ml Vodka
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- Lemon Slices
- Ice Cubes
- This recipe is for a single serving cocktail and just to give you an idea, my Mason Jar holds about 2 cups of water.
- Rub a lemon slice on the rim of the jar, and then dip the rim in sugar.
- Add 5-6 ice cubes, cranberry juice and vodka to the jar and stir. Top with Ginger Ale and lime slices.
- Serve chilled!