These Chickpea Flour Brownies are super fudgy, super chocolatey and gluten free. They have ZERO All Purpose Flour and are a really healthy alternative for when your sweet tooth demands attention!
Just between you and me, baking isn’t my strong suite. I actually don’t enjoy it much because it’s too much precision and too much science and I’m more a dump-into-the-pot and let’s see what happens kind of person!
Because you know that is more fun. You get to experiment a lot more with cooking and just create. Baking is more re-invent and build on something.
When KitchenAid India asked us to create recipes with chickpeas, I was like game on. I have no idea why I said I’d do brownies and then basically hit myself on the head five times after I sent that mail. Coming from someone who only does the basic eggless brownie best and has been a brownie failure many times except with oreo stuffed chocolate brownies; chickpea brownies? Really Richa what were you thinking! But boy am I glad I took the challenge! These are fudgiest, chocolatey brownies you are ever going to bite into. And they are completely gluten free for all my friends who need to avoid gluten. The chickpea flour or besan makes them waaaay healthier than regular maida or all purpose flour would, and you can’t even tell.
When I developed this recipe, Denver wasn’t around but I tested this on a gazillion friends and there was a thumbs up. We played the whats-in-this-brownie game over and over again. Ha. Too much fun I tell ya!
But seriously who is in for these crackly crust, fudgy inside, super chocolatey chickpea flour brownies?
Guys I really don’t think I’m ever going back to making brownies with regular APF again, because chickpea flour or besan is a heavier flour in general, which is why it works beautifully with these brownies! Brownies need to be fudgy instead of cakey and you get that so naturally here.
Also don’t forget to top these with some sea salt. They really take these to another level!
Now give me a high five for chickpea flour brownies and let’s get baking because we need these in our lyyyfeeeeee so bad!
More Brownie Recipes:
Watch How to make Chickpea Flour Brownies Recipe Video
Chickpea Flour Brownies (Besan Brownies - naturally gluten free)
- 2/3 cup (151.33 g) Butter
- 1/2 cup (87.5 g) Dark Chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 g) Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons (30 g) Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup (115 g) Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
- 1/2 cup (118.29 g) Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F/ 175 C.
- Grease a 8X8 inch square tin with butter.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and dark chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds to a minute till the chocolate starts melting. Whisk together till smooth and set aside to cool.
- Beat together eggs and sugar for 2-3 minutes till creamy.
- Add the chocolate mixture and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Sift in salt, cocoa powder, besan, and coffee powder and fold into the wet mixture. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the greased tin and bake for 35-40 minutes minutes. Let them cool completely before slicing and serving.
I am a part of KitchenAid India’s Culinary Council and have been compensated with products. After trying them out, I love their range, which you can check out here.