These Homemade Eggless Chocolate Brownies are here to make vegetarian brownie lovers happy and to make those dessert parties more inclusive! They are super easy to pull together, are cakey and fudgy!
I have a confession to make. I have never got a brownie recipe right. Till now. So if you don’t trust me with this one I understand. But before you go away, just take a look at these fudgy, cakey, chocolatey homemade eggless brownies and tell me you can walk away from this deliciousness. I thought so. Since I have never been able to get brownies right, it’s all the more reason for you to know that the one that I actually post here will be fool proof!
The other day, Karan who is my boisterous, close friend asked me some technical questions about brownies. Something about making the cakey ones fudgy or vice versa. It’s real embarrassing for a food blogger to admit that they don’t know how to bake the simplest baked item in this world. I almost hid my face, but thankfully we were whatsapping. What can I do if those brownies are one disaster after another, and I had no hope with this batch too.
Icing on the cake, I was trying to master an eggless version. Ugh. I’m not too proud of myself guys, but it’s that time of the year. My Indian friends here would understand. So while all things animal produce are not to be touched, I decided I couldn’t make that stop me. And here we are. Some research, some testing and I think I’m happy. Because these were extra chocolatey, cakey and slightly fudgy too. That’s the combination I can’t stop stuffing my face with. Umm midway through that sentence I had to get up and break off a bite. Or two.
Baaaaydaaawaaaaaaay I have more exciting news to share, apart from these amazing brownies. My new look — of course! What do you guys think? It was a moment of insanity and a case of massive hair fall that led to this desperate attempt at looking cool, but I think I’ve pulled that off nicely enough, don’t you? Denver absolutely adores it and can’t get enough of running his hand through my non-existent hair, plus zeeerrrooo maintenance. Considering how my haircare routine stops at shampooing, I’m thrilled with this! My stylist has reached best friend status in my life now, and you can’t borrow him because he’s a cutie and was totally game about listening to me crib about my hair for half an hour! I think I should make a batch of brownies for him. How did I not think of that earlier?
Watch Eggless Chocolate Brownies Recipe Video
Homemade Eggless Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Sugar
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Line an 8X8 inch baking dish with parchment paper or aluminium foil, and brush all sides with butter.
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, place chocolate and butter and microwave in 30 second intervals till the butter melt. Mix well and add yogurt, vanilla extract and sugar. Whisk well for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix till combined. The mixture will be on the thicker side. Fold in the walnuts, or you can sprinkle them on top.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. Start checking if the brownies are cooked by inserting a fork or toothpick in the center at the 35 minute mark.
- Once baked, cool the brownies in the pan completely before inverting them onto a metal rack. Cut into slices and serve.