Single serving Eggless Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake is the best, gooey and the moistest mug cake you'll try. Ready in under 5 minutes and just needs a microwave!
I'm bringing you eggless banana chocolate peanut butter mug cake to satisfy those sweet cravings after all the healthy food we've been eating. Because I get it, we can't live without our dessert. It's the best kind of satisfaction. And I think mug cakes are so convenient. They can be almost guilt free because you don't really need that second helping and you don't have a second or third slice to reach for.
You remember how I spoke to you about the big 3-0 last week? Yesterday was my birthday and I had such a fabulous time. My best friends were down to visit me and help me celebrate and I've been super low since they left. Because we really had the best time ever. I haven't met them in over a year and a half and as soon as we met, it was like nothing had changed. We spent hours talking and giggling over the silliest things. Best friends do that to you right? Make you forget everything else and give you a chance to just relax.
I sort of made this mug cake for breakfast - yes breakfast - no judging please- because I really needed some comfort food. To make me forget how awful it felt when your friends leave.
And this banana chocolate peanut butter mug cake is just the thing for sulking. It is so easy that it can't even be called dessert, but it so is! Chocolatey, moist, slightly gooey and perfect when you want dessert for one.
Whoever invented mug cakes is genius. I really prefer my banana chocolate peanut butter mug cake with no eggs in it. Mug cakes are such small, single serving cakes that a tiny amount of baking soda or powder is enough to make them rise and keep them light and fluffy. An entire egg just gives mug cakes an eggy taste IMHO and is totally unnecessary.
So only a few delicious ingredients, no eggs please, and you have the lightest most chocolatey mug cakes ready in under five minutes!
I love topping mine with extra peanut butter or even chocolate chips because in our case, toppings are everything right? Since we are only talking a small dessert and not an entire cake, don't feel guilty about adding some whipped cream, or ice cream or even extra chocolate sauce if you are into that kind of thing. Here's to quick, easy desserts, to turning 30 and staying fabulous!
More Easy Mug Recipes:
If you try this recipe, I’d love to see your creations on Instagram. Tag your pictures #myfoodstory and I’ll be sure to say hi!
Eggless Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- ¼ cup (31.25 g) All purpose flour or Maida
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ Banana Overripe mashed
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Peanut butter
- In a large mug whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda till combined.
- Add the mashed banana, milk, oil and peanut butter to the bowl and mix well. Microwave on high for up to a minute or minute and a half. The duration will depend on your microwave. I recommend you start checking after a minute and then microwave in bursts of 15 seconds. Serve immediately.
- Always use an overripe banana for banana cakes. This vastly changes the flavour and texture of the cake.
- I use small tea cups for mug cakes and this batter can be easily divided between them. However, if you are using a large mug, there is no need to divide the batter.
- Feel free to substitute whole milk for coconut milk, soy milk or any other plant based milk to make this banana peanut butter chocolate mug cake vegan.