Easy eggless pineapple mousse is a five ingredient, make ahead dessert that will be a crowd pleaser! With minimum prep, these pineapple mousse cups are ready in minutes and have a gorgeous creamy texture.
Say hiiiii to the freshest, most delicious eggless pineapple mousse you’ve ever tried! This little jar of deliciousness has been made and devoured 5x times in the last five days. Thats a lot of mousse I reckon, but we didn’t even realize because this mousse is light and airy and has a slow, mild, tropical flavor that’s hard to resist.
And because of that little factor, these eggless pineapple mousse jars become even more awesome:
- These are easy to carry to a picnic, barbecue, party, potluck
- You can decide the serving size so if you are watching what you eat, scoop only half the serving size into these jars
- They are easy to store when you have a lot of guests coming because you can stack them one on top of the other
I also really love that this is eggless mousse. There is just something about egg in mousse that put me off. I mean, have you ever had mousse which tastes eggy, like there is too much egg white in it and not enough flavor? Ugh.
I kinds prefer an eggless or egg-free mousse, no matter what the flavor, and especially with this pineapple mousse, you will see no difference in taste or texture!
And did I mention that it has only FIVE INGREDIENTS? Four actually if you leave out the whipped cream used for topping. Is this a winner or what?!
I used canned pineapples from Del Monte because in a mousse like this which is not cooked, canned pineapples are easier to puree and obviously make for easier prep.
Instead of using gelatin, which can be slightly difficult to handle, I use white chocolate in the base which helps this eggless pineapple mousse set properly. Along with whipped cream which adds airiness and lightness to the mousse. It’s a recipe you can’t go wrong with.
And it’s so easy to modify. So for example, you wanted to have eggless strawberry mousse instead of pineapple, you could easily swap strawberry puree for pineapple puree. Really, use your favorite fruit and make this eggless pineapple mousse your own!
Eggless Pineapple Mousse Recipe
- 1 Can Pineapple Tidbits drained (500 gram can)
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 3/4 cup White Chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Whipped cream pineapple quarters and mint leaves for garnishing
- Grind the drained pineapple tidbits till crushed completely. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add cream and milk chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk till smooth.
- In another bowl, add heavy cream and whip till soft peaks form. Add the milk chocolate and cream and mix well. Then fold in the pineapple mixture.
- Divide the mixture into six mini jars (use a piping bag for easy pouring) and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Top with whipped cream, pineapple quarters and mint leaves before serving