You guyssssss, these rolls are already in my tummy but before I ate them all, I took some pictures just for you ❤️ Because all good things must be shared and these mango bell pepper rice paper rolls are going to be my life for the next week! And that mango cilantro dipping sauce…I can’t even!
I just might decide to make them again for dinner but Denver may disown me if I feed him the same thing three times in a row. There’s always tomorrow ✋
You know how I’m a klutz when it comes to wrapping things or making them look fancy. I was klutzing around a bit when I made these rolls but Exhibit 2.5 is testimony to my efforts and I think they look pretty neat.
If you’ve eaten these spring rolls before, you know they are amaaaaaaazing with that glutinous, slightly sticky rice paper and all the yummy filling inside. That filling is what kept me going when I pretty much disintegrated my first roll. I was thinking of how all those fresh veggies and mangoes need a house or some kind of boundary to stay together, and how that rice paper is going to get it all together so that we can pick one up and dip it into that spicy mango cilantro sauce which is going to make an appearance very often on the blog!
Will you believe me if I tell you that that mango cilantro sauce has only 5 ingredients and tastes like a party in your mouth?
I’m not going to pretend like it was all about the spring rolls. More like another excuse to use mangoes in anything and everything I eat. But mangoes are not the superstar in this recipe, more like the supporting cast to all the green bell peppers, cucumbers and carrots! The star is definitely that insanely delicious and spicy mango cilantro sauce which is going to be perfect with chicken wings, methinks. Or tofu. Or just by the spoonful.
And the best part is yet to come. These rolls are totally make-ahead which makes them perfect as your next part appetizer or brunch! Don’t be living within the boundaries with these. Go far. And be adventurous, you have my blessing!
These mango bell pepper rice paper rolls are the perfect summer food – stuffed with lots of fresh veggies and served with an insanely delicious mango cilantro dipping sauce! Naturally gluten free, vegan and low carb!
For the Rice Paper Rolls:
- 8 (Spring Roll Wrappers (Rice Paper Wrappers))
- 1 Mango (large ripe , thinly sliced)
- 2 Green Bell Peppers (, sliced)
- 1 Carrot (, thinly sliced)
- 2 Cucumbers (, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves
For the Mango Cilantro Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Mango (ripe , diced)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha ((or any other chili sauce))
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (fresh or Coriander)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- For the mango cilantro dipping sauce, in a blender, add mango, lemon juice, water, salt and sriracha. Blend until smooth. Add the cilantro and pulse 2-3 times till the cilantro/coriander is chopped very fine, but green specks are still visible. Remove into a bowl and refrigerate till ready to use.
- To start making the rice paper rolls, create an assembly line of sorts. Take a cup of water in a shallow dish which is wide enough for the rice paper roll to sit comfortably without bending or breaking at the edges. In another plate, keep all your veggies together.
- Take one rice paper and dip it in the water for 5-10 seconds. Remove the paper and place it flat on the counter. It may still feel crisp, but don’t worry it’ll soften up pretty quickly. Don’t be tempted to dip it for longer than 10 seconds. Place all the veggies and the mint leaves towards one end of the paper, leaving some space to fold.
- If your veggies are placed horizontally across the rice paper, fold both the sides to the center in such a way that they are a bit on the veggies. Now start rolling the sheet as tightly as possible without breaking it.
- Continue doing the same for the remaining rice paper till you have 7-8 rolls. Cover with aluminium foil to keep them from drying out. Serve cold with the mango cilantro dipping sauce.