Creamy Mango Lassi is a firm summer favorite because this cold, chilled drink is full of probiotics and the sweet, intense flavor of mangoes. We love topping it with nuts and a few strands of saffron for an extra edge!
You can’t go wrong when you blend yogurt, mangoes, milk and lots of ice to a thick and creamy and slightly frozen consistency. The choice is between using a spoon to scoop it up or a straw because you love that feeling.
Lassi is our go to drink when it gets crazy hot outside. It’s full of probiotics from the yogurt and keeps you full for a while. So what feels like an indulgence is actually healthy too.
Here’s what you need to do.
Grab a blender and dump mango pulp or freshly cut mangoes along with thick plain yogurt (look for a variety which has active probiotics or make your own at home), milk or water, sugar or honey for extra sweetness and lots of ice cubes.
More Mango Recipes:
- Frozen Peach Mango Smoothie
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes
- Eggless Mango Cake
- No-Bake Mango Cheesecake Mousse Jars
Check out: The Ultimate Guide – How to cut a mango!
Then blend it all up till its really smooth and creamy!
And finally just pour it into a glass. Grab your favourite straw or if you are like me, grab a spoon!
Add these to your Mango Lassi too
If you want to take things up a notch or two, add a few cardamom seeds or a touch of saffron to your Mango Lassi. The cardamom adds a subtle flavor that immediately makes this drink even more special.
How is Mango Lassi healthy?
The mixture of mangoes, yogurt and milk is the perfect blend of protein, fiber and starch. The probiotics from yogurt are really good for your gut and keep it cool during hot summer months too.
Lassi with other fruits
Lassi can easily be made with other fruits like banana, peaches, berries etc. I would avoid fruits which have a high water content like watermelon, but anything starchy, pulpy works well in a lassi.
Creamy Mango Lassi
- 1 cup Mango pulp or 1 1/2 cups cubed Mangoes
- 3/4 cup Thick Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Milk / Water
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 6-8 Ice Cubes
- Pistachios Sliced (garnish)
- Saffron strands (garnish)
- Blend the mango, yogurt, milk and sugar with ice cubes until smooth. Pour the Mango lassi into 2 tall glasses and garnish with the pistachios and saffron strands. Serve Chilled.
- Make Mango Lassi Vegan: Swap the yogurt and milk for dairy free substitutes
- Use fresh or frozen fruit: If you don't have access to fresh fruit or pulp, use frozen which is easily available in supermarkets