Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad is a delicious, hearty salad that has all the flavors of your favorite mexican taco, but healthier. Loaded with lettuce, black beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes, corn and a delicious cilantro lime dressing, it's perfect when you want salad for dinner.
Say hiiiii to my favorite salad these days - Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad.
Taco seasoning is my favorite go to seasoning of all times. I always always have a pack lying around, and if I run out, I just make my own. Because its so essential in our lives. We love mexican food and even if it's not a full blown mexican meal, I find a way to sneak in the flavors in some way or the other.
This Mexican Prawn Taco Salad is seriously making dinner happier and more wholesome. Because it gives me a chance to load up our plates with bowls of lettuce, avocados, black beans, cherry tomatoes, corn and obviously - spicy, taco prawns.
Watch How to Make Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad Recipe Video:
Doesn't that video make it really easy? And I have a really cool tip for thawing prawns too. While thawing prawns, it's best to use cold water and adding a teaspoon of salt helps the prawns absorb water and become really juicy when you finally cook them.
Do you remember how we spoke about frozen prawns two weeks ago? I've been using ITC Master Chef's frozen prawns which are freshly frozen within 15 hours of harvesting, with temperature controls and quality checks throughout the chain to make sure each prawn is fresh, soft and juicy.
They make life simpler because I don't have to worry about the quality of prawns I buy anymore, and I know each bite is going to be full of awesomeness!
And unlike chicken, mutton or any other meat, prawns thaw super quickly. So that dinner is always ready in 30 minutes!
Let's talk about that cilantro lime dressing for a second. Because this easy mexican prawn avocado taco salad is so much better for it. It's fresh, zesty and has a clean hit of spice because we like our food like that. I just dump all the ingredients into a jar and shake, shake, shake till the dressing changes color into a mild yellow with specks of green. When you toss the salad with this dressing, you are guaranteed zesty, lemony, spicy flavors in every bite.
The recipe makes half a cup of dressing and I have to urge you not to skimp on it. Because you need all that dressing to make sure the salad comes together without making it soggy.
Guys, this mexican prawn avocado taco salad is a BIG salad. It's supposed to be a meal, and not just a salad because who has the time to chop up the ingredients, whip up a salad and then be expected to make dinner as well.
Actually the only prep you will have to do here is cook the prawns in taco seasoning which takes all of 8 minutes, break up the lettuce roughly (2 minutes, saute the corn (3 minutes), slice the cherry tomatoes which takes all of 2 minutes with this cool little trick and scoop out the avocados (another minute). So total time taken is 20 minutes if you including making the dressing and scrolling through your instagram feed. Win win!
So get your salad game on because this mexican prawn avocado taco salad is worth putting everything else on a pause and enjoying your healthier favorite taco in your living room!
Thank to our friends at ITC Master Chef for sponsoring this post, and making sure we always eat prawns that are super safe.
Mexican Prawn Avocado Taco Salad
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 20 Large frozen Prawns thawed
- 4 teaspoons Taco Seasoning divided
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 5 cups Fresh Lettuce roughly torn
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Black Beans drained
- 2 Avocados scooped and diced
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
For the Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ¾ cup Chopped Cilantro or Coriander
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Nachos Sour Cream, Jalapenos etc.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and add thawed prawns and 3 tablespoons taco seasoning to it. Saute for 7-8 minutes till the prawns are cooked through. Remove the prawns and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and add corn and a tablespoon of taco seasoning. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the cilantro lime dressing, add all the ingredients to a jar and shake till everything combines and the dressing emulsifies. Alternatively, you can also add everything to a blender and blend.
- To assemble the salad, add lettuce to a large bowl. Top with cherry tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocados, and prawns. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- We love topping our salad with crushed nachos, sour cream and jalapenos which add tons of flavour to this salad.