No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Jars are creamy, made with fresh strawberries and have a creamy, mousse like texture that’s absolutely delicious! Make these for valentines day or take them to a picnic because these are so easily transportable, or just serve these individual cheesecake jars at a party.
Lets just say the markets are flooded with strawberries and I was craving cheesecake. But I’m not really into the whole elaborate baking so instead of an over the top loaded strawberry cheesecake I decided that these no bake strawberry cheesecake jars are probably more my thing.
And boy! Are these good! These mini single serving strawberry cheesecakes do no disappoint. Although I’m still guilty of eating two when I said I’ll only have one.
We are really all about the easy desserts in a jar here.
Check out these other desserts in a jar:
- no bake mango cheesecake jars
- passionfruit cheesecake in a jar
- eggless pineapple mousse
- baileys tiramisu trifle cups
This easy no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe does not need gelatin. But because there’s no gelatin, it’s really important to use the right ingredients and refrigerate these overnight so that they set well. This fresh strawberry cheesecake really has very few ingredients and hopefully you won’t have to go to a speciality store to get any of these. You need cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, caster sugar, strawberries and biscuits – digestive, graham crackers or marie biscuits.
How to make Strawberry Cheesecake
Cheesecakes are of two varieties – baked and no bake. This recipe is quite simple because it’s a no bake strawberry cheesecake. While setting a no bake strawberry cheesecake, most recipes require you to use gelatin which thickens the batter and helps stabilise it so that once you unmold the cheesecake it holds its shape. Since we are making these in jars we don’t really need gelatin because it can be spooned out. We crush the crackers first in a food processor or with a rolling pin and then make the batter by whipping the heavy cream and sugar first till it forms soft peaks and then adding the cream cheese. The strawberries are pureed with a little sugar and gently combined in this mixture. The whole mixture is poured into jars or glasses or cups and refrigerated till it sets. It’s really easy peasy!
You can absolutely swap the biscuits or crackers for strawberry shortcake, vanilla cake or your favourite base to make these mini no bake strawberry cheesecake jars your own! Like always, please experiment with these recipes and add your own twist because having fun with cooking is the best way to experience it!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Jars
- 300 grams Strawberries
- 1/4 cup (50 g) Caster Sugar + 2 tablespoons extra
- 250 grams Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 g) Heavy Whipping Cream chilled
- 8-10 Plain Biscuits graham crackers, digestive biscuits or marie biscuits
- Fresh Strawberry slices for topping
- Hull the strawberries (take off the stem) and roughly chop them into pieces. Add the pieces along with two tablespoons caster sugar to a food processor and puree. Its okay if there are a few pieces remaining.
- Transfer biscuits to food processor and pulse a few times till they resemble crumbs. Alternatively you can also transfer the biscuits to a ziplock bag and whack it with a rolling pin till you have crumbs.
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and caster sugar till soft and fluffy. Add the heavy whipping cream and beat for two to three minutes till the mixture increases slightly in volume. The mixture should resemble thick frosting. Pour in the pureed strawberries and use a spatula to lightly combine everything. Don't worry if the mixture is streaky and slightly runny. Transfer to a piping bag for easy assembly.
- To assemble these no bake strawberry cheesecakes, add two tablespoons of the biscuit crumb to a glass or jar and pipe the cheesecake mixture till 3/4th of the way. Repeat till you've used up all the mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Top with fresh strawberries and biscuit crumb before serving. These no bake strawberry cheesecake jars are best consumed straight from the fridge.
- I don't like adding any butter to the biscuit crumb and you really don't need it because these are being served in glasses, but if you like, you can add two tablespoons melted butter to make the crumb more compact at the bottom of the glases
- Make sure to use heavy whipping cream which is cream that increases in volume when whipped. Heavy whipping cream has a higher percentage of fat than regular cooking cream
- I've never tried these strawberry cheesecakes with frozen strawberries but if you do try it out, then please leave a comment and let us know how it turns out!
- If you are using a stand mixture then use the paddle attachment
- It's important to refrigerate these overnight to help them set well