This microwave chocolate pudding is ready in 15 minutes, has a silky smooth texture and a loaded chocolate flavour. It's fast, incredibly easy, and so handy when you want dessert in a jiffy. Top it with whipped cream and fruit, and there you have it - the perfect fix for your sweet tooth!
My husband first made this microwave chocolate pudding on Valentine's Day a few years ago, and it's been our little secret indulgence on quite a few date nights since. What we love about this pudding is that it's quick, it's easy, and it's ready in 15 minutes - from start to finish! It's the perfect thing to snuggle on the couch with, talk to your partner, or just Netflix and chill.
Quick Walk Through: Microwave Chocolate Pudding
Reasons Why You'll Love This Recipe
- A delicious chocolate dessert that's perfect for beginner bakers
- One-pot recipe that means there's absolutely no mess and the hassle of cleaning
- Once you source all the ingredients, you can literally make this microwave chocolate pudding in 15 minutes flat!
- It's 100% vegetarian and gluten-free
- If you're making this for a large crowd, you can prepare the batter the previous day and store in the refrigerator. Simply stick it in the microwave before it's time to serve and save yourself some extra time that day
Top Tips To Make The Best Microwave Chocolate Pudding
- When baking the pudding, pause the microwave every 2 minutes, take the bowl out and give it a quick whisk. This will ensure there are no lumps. DO NOT skip this step as the pudding may spill over.
- You can add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg powder to the batter for an added layer of flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chocolate pudding is usually served warm. However if you are planning to serve it cold, cover the top of the pudding bowls with cling wrap. This will prevent that milk layer from forming on top of the pudding.
While pudding and custard recipes are often similar, the main difference between the two is that pudding uses a thickening agent like cornflour to achieve it's texture. Where as the main thickening agent in custard are the eggs itself.
One bite of this chocolate pudding will definitely have you craving for more. It's the perfect comfort food, especially if you enjoy warm, chocolatey desserts. If you are trying this out, tag your photos @my_foodstory or use #myfoodstories and share some chocolate love with me on Instagram
Quick Microwave Chocolate Pudding
- ¼ cup (21.5 g) Cocoa Powder I used Hersheys but Cadbury works as well
- ⅓ cup (66.67 g) Sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoons Cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 ¼ cups (549 g) Milk Preferably room temperature
- ¼ cup (43.75 g) Chocolate Chopped (I used Cadbury Bournville)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract Can be omitted
- Roasted almonds Strawberries, Cherries and Whipped cream for topping
- Stir together cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large microwave safe bowl. Gradually add milk and whisk till no lumps exist.
- Place the bowl in a microwave at full power for 8-10 minutes. Pause microwave every 2 minutes to stir the mixture. After 8 minutes, the pudding should have thickened.
- While its still hot, whisk in chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla extract till pudding is smooth.
- Pour pudding mixture into individual dishes. To avoid a skin forming, place a cling film wrap directly on the surface and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Garnish with roasted almonds, strawberries, cherries or whipped cream. Or all of them.
- Tastes best when served cold