I like to pretend like Valentine’s Day is so overrated but to tell you the truth, it is kind of sweet. I mean anything to do with love is, right?
Over the years, I’ve toughened up from being a love stuck teenager to pretend-I-don’t-care-about-love-letters, but eh, who am I kidding?! Love letters are awesome and just between you and me, I still badger my husband for one.
Talking of husbands and men in general, how often do you men go into the kitchen to dish up something nice for your better half? I know you secretly want to. We all love being Master Chef right?
But I know it’s difficult. Pulling all the ingredients together, making a mess, cleaning it up or getting screamed at for not cleaning it up. I hear you men! And here I am to your rescue.
Let’s do a quick chocolate pudding. When I say quick, I mean exactly 15 minutes from start to finish. How do I know? I timed it. Yes, I’m kinda obsessive like that. I know you won’t judge me. We are friends, right?
And I promise, no mess. And one pot. It’s not too good to be true. The thrill on her face would be, though 🙂
Let’s make it easier. I’ll take you through the steps one by one.
Add cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s but Cadbury works well too), cornstarch, sugar and salt to a large microwave proof bowl. Stir together to mix everything evenly.
Chocolate Pudding Step-1
Add milk and whisk together till you don’t see any lumps.
Chocolate Pudding Step 2
Place this in a microwave on full power for 8 minutes. Oops in my excitement, I forgot to take pictures of what happens in there.
Pause the microwave every 2 minutes, take the bowl out and give it a quick whisk. This will ensure there are no lumps. DO NOT skip this step as the pudding may spill over. How do I know? Because it happened to me. facepalm
After 8 minutes, your pudding should have thickened up. If you want, you can place it in the microwave for an additional 2 minutes, but 10 minutes should be the maximum time.
While its still hot, stir in the chopped chocolate (I used Cadbury Bournville with fantastic results), butter and vanilla extract. Whisk it all up as if your life depends on it!
Chocolate Pudding Step-3
And Voila! Smooth, chocolate-y, lusciously thick pudding ready to be served. Scoop it out in individual bowls or if you are like me, don’t wait that long. Snuggle up on the couch, and lick it off your fingers.
One bowl quick, creamy and luscious microwave chocolate pudding recipe which takes only 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 1/4 cup Cocoa (Powder (I used Hersheys but Cadbury works well))
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/4 cups Milk ((Preferably room temperature))
- 1/4 cup Chocolate (Chopped (I used Cadbury Bournville))
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract ((Can be omitted))
- almonds (Roasted , Strawberries, Cherries and Whipped cream for topping)
- Stir together cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large microwave safe bowl. Gradually add milk and whisk till no lumps exist.
- Place the bowl in a microwave at full power for 8-10 minutes. Pause microwave every 2 minutes to stir the mixture. After 8 minutes, the pudding should have thickened.
- While its still hot, whisk in chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla extract till pudding is smooth.
- Pour pudding mixture into individual dishes. To avoid a skin forming, place a cling film wrap directly on the surface and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. Garnish with roasted almonds, strawberries, cherries or whipped cream. Or all of them.
- Tastes best when served cold
(Adapted from Hershey’s)