This weekend has been a whirlwind of everything we weren’t supposed to do. We had big plans which all started with cleaning up that one room in the house that’s still full of boxes. Yes we moved into this house three months ago and no we still haven’t finished unpacking. Clearly, planning and executing isn’t our strong suite and instead of staring at that pile of boxes, I figured it’s just better to bake some coconut pistachio banana bread instead.
Does that make sense at all? Not too much I guess. But the way I look at it, I was probably going to spend this Sunday evening fretting about how much there is still to do. Instead I’m sitting here having one last slice of coconut pistachio banana bread and talking to you guys!
I’m seriously digging everything coconut these days and just bought yet another pack of coconut flakes because they seem to get over so fast. I do not want to blame it on my favourite coconut crusted chicken tenders but they are seriously a big culprit, and I can’t deny it. We make them pretty much every week now, and inhale them before they are out of the oven. We are a pretty greedy lot.
So when I was left with half a cup worth of coconut flakes, I couldn’t see them lying around and they weren’t enough for the chicken tenders, so this banana bread happened. Plus ripe bananas are always a situation in this house. I have no idea why I always buy a bunch and then conveniently forget about them till they are too brown to eat. But it helps, because banana bread is our favourite!
This coconut pistachio banana bread hits all the right notes. It’s warm and fuzzy and has that intense banana flavour that
you can die for I can die for. I think adding coconut oil to this bread is genius. It makes the bread even more moist and buttery, and in my opinion, coconut and banana are star flavours together!
The pistachios were purely accidental because we had run out of any other nuts in the house but no complaints there. They add the perfect crunch and bite to this bread.
You’ll notice that we don’t have too many baked recipes on this blog, because I know most of you are always rushing by, but this bread is so quick and easy, that you can put this together in the evening and you’ll have the perfect loaf to wake up to.
Have I convinced you yet?
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this healthy and super quick coconut pistachio banana bread. Moist, nutty and the perfect holiday snack.
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ cup Maple syrup (or Honey)
- 2 Eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 large Bananas (over ripe, mashed)
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (or Maida)
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour (or Atta)
- 1/2 cup Pistachios (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Coconut (Flakes)
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees celsius. Grease and line a 9X5 inch loaf tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil and maple syrup. Add eggs one at a time and whisk till combined. Mix in the mashed bananas and coconut milk.
- Add baking soda, vanilla extract and salt to the bowl and whisk till blended. Now switch to a spatula and mix in both the flours and pistachios till just combined. It’s okay if there are a few lumps but do not over mix. Sprinkle the top with coconut flakes.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.