Roasted Figs with Cardamom Yogurt make for a delicious quick fix when a dessert is the need of the hour. The colors on this dessert are really beautiful and the taste is even better, so get ready for some lip-smacking eye candy!
I hate dry figs, but I love fresh ones. So imagine my excitement when I saw a box of fresh figs at the market the other day. On the outside I was all poised as I reached for the box and grabbed it before anyone else could. But inside I was jumping and doing the happy dance. I got home and all I could think about was how I wanted to use them up. Usually between Pragya and I, we would finish them straight out of the box, even before mum had a chance to unpack groceries. But this time I wanted to try cooking with them. While I used half the batch for my Spiced Lamb and Figs which are awesome BTW, this roasted fig with cardamom yogurt and honey made an elegant dessert for next day.
I even experimented this dish on some unsuspecting guests. They of course had no idea. But they seemed to like them. And so did Denver. It had passed the most critical stages of food blogging, read: my husband.
The beauty of this dish is that it’s simple and looks really elegant. So if you want to wow some guests who arrived unexpectedly at the door, pin this recipe so you don’t forget.
I drizzled the figs with honey before roasting them. The pink juices mixed with honey looked beautiful spooned over the yogurt in the end.I almost didn’t want to serve it. Don’t believe everything I say.
I love how the figs held their shape while roasting, but just a little squeeze and the juices started oozing out. For some reason, every bite made me feel like I’m in Turkey or some place exotic like that. Before you run away to make this, are you on Pinterest and can we be friends please?
Follow me and leave a comment with your Pinterest ID down below so that I can follow you back.Print
Fresh figs roasted with honey and served with cardamom flavored yogurt. A simple, fresh dessert which looks like a million dollars.
- 6 Figs (fresh , halved)
- 2 + 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 Vanilla Bean (optional)
- ½ cup Yogurt (or Curds thick)
- 1 tablespoon Cardamom (powder)
- Spoon yogurt into a fine mesh sieve and let the whey drain overnight or for a couple of hours to make hung curd. I didn’t plan ahead, so I ended up draining mine for only a half hour. This made no difference to the taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Arrange figs on a roasting pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey. If using slit the vanilla bean, scrape out the seeds and toss seeds with figs.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Mix cardamom powder in the yogurt and let it stand for ten minutes.
- To serve, place 2-3 figs in each bowl, spoon yogurt on top and drizzle with remaining honey and fig juices collected in the pan.