Creamy soup+ Thai flavors + noodles. Are you drooling yet? This Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle soup is a really easy one dish meal that gets ready in 20 minutes and can pass off as fancy and comfort food at the same time!
This spicy thai curry pumpkin noodle soup kept us company all weekend! Because we love warm, creamy soups; all the flavors from Thailand and everything to do with noodles! And we are making the most of whatever's left of the winter. Because temperatures in Bangalore are rising pretty fast, and there's nothing we can do about it except bring out the ice cream!
Already like the sound of it? I have a quick video to show you how to make this thai curry pumpkin noodle soup
Watch Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup Recipe Video
I still haven't gotten over my trip to Bangkok because I keep craving the food. There is something about spicy food with lemongrass and galangal that is so irresistible. It's perfect when you want comfort, or want to go fancy. And this thai curry pumpkin noodle soup really does both. It looks fancy enough to serve at a dinner party, but is comfortable enough to slurp away in your pyjamas with some dripping down your chin.
I'm not going to pretend that this is super easy. Because you need pumpkin puree, which is really easy to make but does require some chopping and boiling = effort. I have the process noted below for all those who live in India and can't buy ready made or canned pumpkin puree.
Although, if you ask me, making your own is worth it and will help you take one more step towards eating healthy. It's small changes like these, which make a big difference.
This thai curry pumpkin noodle soup is everything right now. Because it's a meal in a pretend soup form. And I love options like these, because they make life so easy, eliminating the need to cook multiple things to make dinner seem balanced and hearty. Yay for one dish meals that give you more time to watch Netflix! And yay for more thai curry pumpkin noodle soup!
More Soups You'll Love:
- Vegetarian Pho Soup (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)
- Chinese Hot and Sour Soup with Ramen
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Homemade Creamy Vegetable Soup
Spicy Thai Curry Pumpkin Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms dried (Note 1)
- 2 cups Pumpkin puree Note 2: How to make Puree
- 1 teaspoon Fish sauce optional
- 3 cups Vegetable broth or Water
- 1 ½ tablespoons Jaggery or Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Thick coconut milk
- 150 grams Noodles
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves Note 3
- Salt to taste
- Roasted peanuts and Thai Basil for topping
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a large pot and add thai red curry paste. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add pumpkin puree, fish sauce and 2 ½ cups broth or water.
- Slice the shiitake mushrooms and add them to the pot along with jaggery and salt. Bring everything to a boil, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, boil noodles according to package instructions till al dente (cooked but still firm when bitten), strain, wash with cold water and set aside. Washing with cold water stops the cooking process and helps avoid sticky, overcooked noodles.
- Whisk together ½ cup broth with ¾ cup coconut milk and add it to the pot around the 8 minute mark. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add noodles and basil to the pot and switch off the flame. Cover and let the soup sit for 5-7 minutes before ladling it into bowls.
- Serve hot topped with crushed roasted peanuts and thai basil.