Add life to boring week days with this Spinach, Heirloom Tomato and Crumbled Tofu Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing! Its high in iron and necessary proteins, its healthy and all things good, but most of all - its super fun to prepare and eat!
Have you ever seen liquid gold? Well this roasted garlic dressing comes very very close! I've been trying to eat salad for lunch - 1. Because I'm usually alone, and single serving salads are so damn easy to make 2. I've been able to get my hands on some fantastic fresh produce which makes eating a salad sooo much more fun. Today, I have a date with this baby spinach, heirloom tomato and crumbled tofu salad with a liquid gold like roasted garlic dressing. You and me, baby! We lurrrveee each other, don't we?
Just between you and me, I am a clutz when it comes to Salad Dressings. I have three favorites that I keep making over and over again. But a girl get's bored you know. I could never get my dressings to emulsify on first try and nobody likes a separated vinaigrette. Bleh.
So I discovered a cool little trick. For my liquid gold like roasted garlic dressing (I can't help it, I have to keep saying that) I just dumped everything in a blender, and whizzed it on high speed for a few minutes. Voila! Who knew getting salad dressing to emulsify was so damn easy?
Plus, if you still haven't discovered the beauty of roasted garlic, then you are living under the same rock as I am! And that's not cool people. As soon as I figured out how sweet and mellow roasted garlic tastes in this liquid gold like dressing, I had to share it with you!
More Hatke Salads For You:
- Watermelon Salad with Basil and Cucumber
- Creamy Apple Broccoli Walnut Salad
- Apple Arugula Almond Salad with Orange Dressing
- 14 Summer Salad Recipes that fill you up without weighing you down!
Spinach, Heirloom Tomato and Crumbled Tofu Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing
For the dressing
- 2 Garlic whole heads of
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Lemon Juice of
- ½ teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary dried
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 2 Packed Spinach Baby cups
- ½ cup Heirloom Tomatoes quartered
- ¾ cup Tofu cubes
- 2 tablespoon Dressing
- Slice the top of each head of garlic, and peel off just the extra skin. Keep the garlic pod intact. Place garlic pods on a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap tightly. Roast in a 200 degree celsius oven for 40-45 mins.
- To make the dressing, squeeze out the roasted garlic (by now the garlic should be like a paste) in a blender. Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, rosemary, salt and pepper. Blend everything on high for 2 minutes till the garlic is sufficiently minced and the dressing emulsifies.
- Crumble the tofu cubes till they resemble crumbled cheese.
- To assemble the salad, add baby spinach, heirloom tomatoes and crumbled tofu in a bowl and drizzle with dressing. Adjust the amount of dressing as per taste, but personally, I don't like to drown my salad in dressing. Serve immediately.
- If preparing for later, assemble everything and place in the fridge. Add the dressing just before serving or the salad will get soggy.