An apple a day keeps the doctor away. So here’s a fun way to consume it – This Virgin Apple Iced Tea is one of the most refreshing mocktails I’ve ever had and its my go to during the summer for beating the heat. It is really easy to make and is ready in 10 minutes. Take your tea party to a whole new level with it!
It’s not often that I get invited to a tea party. Us girls usually prefer to catch up for drinks after work.
But memories of my grandmother hosting tea and bridge parties for her friends still linger somewhere. I remember her putting on a chiffon saree, doing up her hair, coloring her lips a deep red and dabbing her cheeks with blush while I would gaze in wonder. She would bring out her finest China, which would be polished a day before, and lined on the counter, in anticipation. On the day, there would be a hurried energy in the air. Mum would be scurrying around making sure the cucumber was sliced wafer thin and the sandwiches were all the same size. Between plates of piping hot samosas, dainty pineapple pastries and steaming pots of tea, my grandmother and her friends would giggle lightly while they gossipped about family and friends.
So imagine my excitement, when I was invited to a tea party by the Sublime House of Tea at the gorgeous Rim Nam, Oberoi Hotels. With no idea what to expect, I reached the hotel a few minutes late, and was ushered into one of the most beautiful coffee shops that I have had the privilege to see. With the rain falling lightly, and the sky turning darker, lamps were lit to bathe the whole place in soft pools of light.
Ambica and I were keen to sample the spread that Sublime House of Tea and The Oberoi had put together for the tea party. Every dish had been created painstakingly by the chef, and had been crafted to bring out the best flavors of tea.
While we sampled multiple flavors, my favorite has to be the Jasmine Mandarin. I love the subtle hints of Jasmine that tease you just a little bit as you sip a hot cuppa.
Since the visit, I’ve been inspired to use Sublime Tea’s Seventh Heaven (another one of my favorites) to brew my favorite Iced Tea Concoctions.
Here’s a quick recipe of my Apple Iced Tea that I hope you enjoy trying.
More Beverages For A Hot Day:
- Cranberry Ginger Holiday Cocktail
- Tall Mango Jalapeno Fizzy Cocktail
- Easy White Wine Sangria Recipe
- Sparkling Cucumber Chili Gin: A Summer Cocktail
Virgin Apple Iced Tea (Non Alcoholic Mocktail)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Pods cardamom - 5
- 4 - 5 Cloves
- 3 teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Tea Bags I used Seventh Heaven from Sublime House of Tea
- 1 cup Apple juice
- Apple Slices and Mint Leaves for Garnishing
- In a pan, add water, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and sugar. Simmer on a low flame for 10-15 mins till the sugar dissolves and the water is flavored with spices.
- Switch of the flame and add the tea bags. Let the tea steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool the mixture completely before adding the apple juice. Adjust the amount of apple juice as required. Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Garnish with apple slices and mint leaves. Serve chilled.