Tasty Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Meal Prep Lunch Boxes are the easiest way to make sure you are ready for the work week ahead. Served with brown rice and grilled vegetables, it’s a balanced meal!
It’s Fridaaaaaaay and am I glad that this week is over. It started with nothing major going on and then exploded into a super crazy week! Which also happens to be the story of my life.
But I realized that we were so unprepared. I was trying to juggle between work, cleaning the house and trying to make sure I had something to eat for lunch every day. I don’t know what its about working from home that you forget your own meals. I do that every.single.day.
And it’s not a great feeling when you suddenly realize that you stomach is growling and you don’t even have leftovers in the fridge. And all this in spite of the fact that I’ve been making these fun lunch boxes for the sister.
So I’ve decided to meal prep ahead. With these super yummy teriyaki chicken stir fry meal prep lunch boxes. Which took me exactly an hour to put together and I now have four lunch boxes ready!
I’ve been loving the whole teriyaki thing since I made this super quick teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry a while ago that you all loved so much! Which you can also use for these meal prep lunch boxes.
It’s so easy to make your own teriyaki sauce at home with simple ingredients like soy sauce, honey, chilli flakes, ginger, garlic and some cornstarch. And that’s why these teriyaki chicken stir fry meal prep lunch boxes are also clean eating with ingredients that you already have in your kitchen pantry.
Now if you’ve never done meal prep before, it’s super simple to do.
How do I meal prep these teriyaki chicken stir-fry lunch boxes?
Being prepared or making meal prep lunch boxes is really easy. You basically triple or quadruple one serving size and get everything ready – the protein, veggies and carbs which in this case is saucy teriyaki chicken that has a finger licking sauce, roasted vegetables simply tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and boiled brown rice. You can swap the rice for quinoa, noodles or anything else you like.
- I put the rice on to boil first while I prep my veggies because the rice takes the longest to cook
- Then I toss the veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper and put them into roast
- And finally I make the chicken because this chicken recipe really takes only 20-25 minutes if you’ve marinated it before hand
What containers can I use for meal prep lunch boxes?
This is super important because you need containers that are refrigerator/freezer safe and microwaveable. Because you will probably carry them to work and just pop them out of the fridge and into the microwave. I love these glass containers with lids. But if you don’t like glass or want something lighter, these reusable containers are pretty great as well.
Have I got you excited about meal prep? Because there is more where that came from! I wish I could give you some kind of money back guarantee because that’s how good these teriyaki chicken stir fry meal prep lunch boxes are.
More Meal Prep Ideas:
- Chipotle Chicken Meal Prep Lunch Bowls 4 Ways
- Easy Chicken Burrito Meal Prep Bowls (Gluten Free)
- Crispy Sesame Tofu with Zucchini Noodles (Vegetarian Meal Prep)
- Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Lunch Bowls with Cilantro Lime Quinoa
Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry Meal Prep Lunch Boxes
For the Chicken Teriyaki
- 500 grams Chicken Thighs cut into 1 inch pieces (skinless, boneless)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 inch Ginger piece chopped
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
For the Roasted Vegetables and Rice
- 3 cups Mixed Vegetables diced ((Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Zucchini, Broccoli))
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F. Toss the vegetables in olive oil, salt and pepper and place them on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes.
- To make the teriyaki chicken, marinate the chicken in garlic paste for 15 minutes.
- Add oil to a non stick pan, and add the chicken pieces to it. Cook the chicken pieces for 8-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, stir together soy sauce, chopped ginger garlic, honey, vinegar, chilli flakes, cornstarch and 1 1/2 cups water in a bowl.
- Add the sauce to the pan and bring it to a quick boil while stirring continuously. Once the sauce starts thickening up, lower the flame and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame and set aside to cool slightly.
- Let everything come to room temperature before assembling the meal prep boxes. To assemble, divide the rice, roast vegetables and teriyaki chicken in each box. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, shut the lid and refrigerate. You can store these for up to 5 days.