This teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry is ready in 30 minutes and is the perfect Asian dinner when you want something quick and easy! It will keep reappearing on your table once you've tried it out!
We are talking saucy, spicy and very easy teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry here. It's what a girl makes when she has an empty fridge staring back at her and has a growling stomach for a reminder.
I always have some frozen shrimp in the fridge and we eat so much broccoli in the house that we should actually be green. But no jokes today guys, because this is some serious 30 minute dinner recipe discussions. I know how much you love these easy, healthy and quick recipes and I'm always always wanting to bring you more.
This is easily one of those which is soul satisfying and gives me more time for Netflix. Adding Amazon Prime to the list. Because one source of binge watching wasn't enough. Don't judge me and my lazy bum but I can't help falling down the spiral of episode 1 to 10 in a day anymore. I don't even resist. I just succumb because it's so much easier than trying to work and failing at it because you can't stop thinking about what happens in the next episode.
And then I realize that it's 8 PM and I have no idea what I'm making for dinner. So I quickly dunk some frozen shrimp into water and hope that it thaws quickly, cut up some broccoli and every other vegetable I have lying around. Easy, teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry done.
In other BIG news, I'm SEVEN days away from the clock striking 12 and turning 30. THIRTY did you say? I'm going to the darker side and the more exciting side of life, hopefully. But when did I get here so fast? Is this what 30 year olds do? Binge watch TV shows all day and then scramble to make dinner? Life still seems easy and fun and has all kinds of happy endings. Is 30 supposed to be feel old and miserable and responsible and when you have life in control? I'm going to ignore all these adult like feelings and pour some of that sauce on my rice and teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry. Because I need this more in my life right now.
How to make Teriyaki Shrimp Broccoli Stir Fry
To take care of all the scary 30 year old feelings. Welcome to adulting.
Back to basics now.
Teriyaki Sauce is made of simple, easily available ingredients such as low sodium light soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic. I like to add a dash of toasted sesame oil and some chilli flakes for extra heat too.
Add more veggies to Teriyaki Shrimp
Any number of veggies can be added while making a Teriyaki Shrimp. This is a great way to get more fiber. I love adding broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, snap peas, beans etc.
More Simple Asian Stir fry Recipes:
- Crispy Tofu Broccoli Stir Fry
- Shrimp Chow Mein
- Lemon Ginger Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
- Burnt Garlic Mushroom Fried Rice
- Crispy Sesame Tofu with Zucchini Noodles
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Meal Prep Lunch Boxes
Watch Teriyaki Shrimp Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe Video
Teriyaki Shrimp Broccoli Stir Fry (Ready in 30 mins)
For the Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger minced
- ¼ cup Light Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Chilli Flakes
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch Cornflour or Potato Starch can be substituted
- ¾ cup Water
For the Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 Whole head Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables mushrooms, bell peppers etc.
- 500 grams Shrimp deveined and cleaned
- Salt to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients under sauce and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or pan, and add the chopped garlic. Saute for a minute and add shrimp. Stir fry the shrimp on high heat for 2-3 minutes till it starts turning pink. Add the broccoli and vegetables and stir fry again for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the shrimp is cooked through and the veggies start looking bright, add the sauce and keep stirring till it comes to a boil. Add a little more water if the sauce is too thick. Simmer for a minute or two. Check for seasoning and add salt if required. Stir well and switch off the flame.
- Finish the prep work before you start cooking as this dish comes together very quickly. It's also made on a high flame and the ingredients cook much faster.
- You can add vegetables of your choice like zucchini, broccoli, mushroom, bell pepper, onions etc.,
- This dish can easily be made with readily available stir fry sauces as well. Directly use the packaged stir fry sauce in place of soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar. Add honey depending on your taste in accordance with the flavours of the stir fry sauce.
Wow this is amazing and great recipe about the shrimp broccoli stir fry thanks sharing this article
Shraddha Kawli says
Do we include the rice vinegar in the sauce? you have mentioned it initially but not in the ingredients listed at end of page. Would love to give this recipe a try 🙂
I'm sorry I missed that from the list of ingredients. I've updated the recipe card to include it. I hope you try it!
So simple and healthy