This teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry is ready in 30 minutes and is the perfect asian dinner when you want something quick and easy!
We are talking saucy, spicy and very easy teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry here. It’s what a girl makes when she has an empty fridge staring back at her and has a growling stomach for a reminder.
I always have some frozen shrimp in the fridge and we eat so much broccoli in the house that we should actually be green. But no jokes today guys, because this is some serious 30 minute dinner recipe discussions. I know how much you love these easy, healthy and quick recipes and I’m always always wanting to bring you more.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI SHRIMP BROCCOLI STIR FRY WITH THIS QUICK VIDEO:
This is easily one of those which is soul satisfying and gives me more time for Netflix. Adding Amazon Prime to the list because we just got a subscription. Because one source of binge watching wasn’t enough. Don’t judge me my lazy bum but I can’t help falling down the spiral of episode 1 to 10 in a day anymore. I don’t even resist. I just succumb because it’s so much easier than trying to work and failing at it because you can’t stop thinking about what happens in the next episode.
And then I realise that it’s 8 PM and I have no idea what I’m making for dinner. So I quickly dunk some frozen shrimp into water and hope that it thaws quickly, cut up some broccoli and every other vegetable I have lying around. Easy, teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry done.
In other BIG news, I’m SEVEN days away from the clock striking 12 and turning 30. THIRTY did you say? I’m going to the darker side and the more exciting side of life, hopefully. But when did I get here so fast? Is this what 30 year olds do? Binge watch TV shows all day and then scramble to make dinner? Life still seems easy and fun and has all kinds of happy endings. Is 30 supposed to be feel old and miserable and responsible and when you have life in control? I’m going to ignore all these adult like feelings and pour some of that sauce on my rice and teriyaki shrimp broccoli stir fry. Because I need this more in my life right now.
To take care of all the scary 30 year old feelings. Welcome to adulting.Print
Healthy Teriyaki Shrimp Broccoli Stir Fry is ready in 30 minutes and is an easy asian recipe when you want dinner quickly.
For the Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch ((cornflour or potato starch))
- 1 cup water
For the Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 whole head Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup mixed Vegetables ((mushrooms, bell peppers etc.))
- 500 grams large Shrimp ((deveined and cleaned))
- Salt to taste
- Mix together all the ingredients under sauce and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or pan, and add the chopped garlic. Saute for a minute and add shrimp. Stir fry the shrimp on high heat for 2-3 minutes till it starts turning pink. Add the broccoli and vegetables and stir fry again for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the shrimp is cooked through and the veggies start looking bright, add the sauce and keep stirring till it comes to a boil. Add a little more water if the sauce is too thick. Simmer for a minute or two. Check for seasoning and add salt if required. Stir well and switch off the flame.